Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Went to the Wanenmacher gun show this morning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2010, 12:53 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 669 Times on 411 Posts
Likes Given: 1666

Default Went to the Wanenmacher gun show this morning

I dragged my lazy butt out of bed this morning, had 2 cups of coffee and peanut butter toast to fuel my excursion, and headed to the big gun show in the Tulsa Expo center. I took along the Ruger Super Redhawk .44 magnum, SS and 9.5" barrel, to see if I could sell or trade it. It was one of those purchases that in hindsight proved to be a mistake, because it's really only practical for hunting, but it's really heavy and punishing to shoot. Besides, I needed/wanted a more easily concealable revolver.

Real quick I had an offer of trade but I wanted to think about it some more. I really wanted something more powerful than a .38. Over the next hour I realized that I wasn't going to get any more offers due to the sheer size of the Ruger, and headed back to the first guy. I ended up trading the Ruger for a NIB S&W M637 Airweight .38 spl +P plus $150 cash to me, which was fairly close to what I had in the gun. I went looking around after that, and found what I hope is a good gun, a Hi Standard Sentinal .22 LR, 9-shot snubbie for $190. I had only thought of Hi Standard as making semi-auto pistols, not revolvers.

Anyway, I ended up with 2 guns for the one plus $40. I'm happy!

img00269-20101113-1242.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-14-2010, 01:29 AM   #2

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Well Done!! Not much into snubbies myself, how clean were they?

People get the government they deserve.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:36 AM   #3

Liked 669 Times on 411 Posts
Likes Given: 1666

The Smith is NIB, the High Standard has a fair amount of wear on the finish, but no rust on the barrel. The frame is anodized aluminum.
I just did some searching on Google, and found out it is almost as old as I am, the Sentinel R-101 was introduced in 1956 and made for several years as a kit gun or "tacklebox gun". That's cool, now I have a .22 revolver of an age to match my Remington Model 48 shotgun.

Last edited by buckhuntr; 11-14-2010 at 06:55 PM. Reason: to correct a misspelling.

Old 11-14-2010, 06:54 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Doesn't sound like a bad trade at all. That is coming from a guy who just picked up another 44 Mag, the shortest I own is 7 1/2".

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer