Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > went to the range today....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 12:10 AM   #21
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1273 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by apwvsd40ve View Post
Thanks for that info...honestly this would at least be a range gun/ hd. As to carry...that would be up to her...bit she had mentioned it today...again hooked..lol
I was telling her about the options I found online for the ceracoat and she liked the idea. Just have to find what she wants and get it for her now!
I'm glad to be of service! Let us know your experiences and maybe post a picture of the finished gun. We're always fans of the custom guns. ;-)

Oh, one last thing: If you are going to do any work that changes parts (extended slide release, oversize magazine release, change the sights, change grips, etc) do that first. Coatings should be the absolute LAST step in a custom gun so you don't have a mix of coated and uncoated parts.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 04-08-2013, 01:52 AM   #22

Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post

I'm glad to be of service! Let us know your experiences and maybe post a picture of the finished gun. We're always fans of the custom guns. ;-)

Oh, one last thing: If you are going to do any work that changes parts (extended slide release, oversize magazine release, change the sights, change grips, etc) do that first. Coatings should be the absolute LAST step in a custom gun so you don't have a mix of coated and uncoated parts.
It depends on what firearm she chooses...she likes mine but has mentioned going a bit smaller while staying in .40 cal.... like a Shield maybe...I want to find a friend with one so that she can fire it to see what she thinks..I am worried about increased recoil with the smaller frame...though I have heard great thing s about the Shield, it is not.my call....but I will heed the advice about mods.

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton

Old 04-08-2013, 01:59 AM   #23

Liked 49 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by apwvsd40ve View Post
Thanks...I more meant like a reason to get into reloading...but I certainly understand why you read it as you did.
Oh OK, misunderstood the intent, sorry bout that, LOL. But yes definitely a good reason to get into reloading! Save money, when supplies are back in stock and it is a great feeling to customize some ammo for your specific guns and then go and shoot it at the range! Now I am sure you just gotta convince the wife a little to let you get the reloading setup huh??? Sounds like she is a good one and should be ok with it tho, good luck!

Old 04-08-2013, 02:03 AM   #24

Liked 136 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by customammo72 View Post

Oh OK, misunderstood the intent, sorry bout that, LOL. But yes definitely a good reason to get into reloading! Save money, when supplies are back in stock and it is a great feeling to customize some ammo for your specific guns and then go and shoot it at the range! Now I am sure you just gotta convince the wife a little to let you get the reloading setup huh??? Sounds like she is a good one and should be ok with it tho, good luck!
She is definitely a good one...she would be supportive for sure...starTed saving brass...going to get a couple of books next (sticky from reloading section) and then go from there...just have to save enough money for all of it now lol

-AP

“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”
― Thomas Jefferson

“The constitution shall never be construed...to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.”
― Alexander Hamilton