went out and shot my new LCR Ruger - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

went out and shot my new LCR Ruger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2011, 02:23 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Were those cans in season ?

Old 06-04-2011, 06:13 AM   #12
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 8941 Times on 5348 Posts
Likes Given: 11956

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTIMNOMORE View Post
I was supposed to take pictures??? LOL I only hit it once! but I knocked it over a few times from the dirt around it. Maybe I should take a video next time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
You're new, and you're connected, so we will go light on you this time.

But range visits REQUIRE a Range Report with pictures.

You can't come in talking a game about what you did or didn't do. Pictures or it didn't happen.

JD
Yes, VNM, pictures are a must.

Sounds like you had fun and got some good practice in. Good for you!! Thanks for the report!

Old 06-04-2011, 08:47 PM   #13

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default I Think...

I think I need to see a picture of that dead can before I go out and purchase one. Where's the picture of that dead soldier

Old 06-05-2011, 02:27 AM   #14

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Default You'll get better with practice

Based on having a co-worker with an LCR and seeing him qualify with a 90/100 (5 rounds out, my guess would be from the 25 yard line ). Why the POST doesn't have a Q course for a back up gun I'll never know. My co-worker carries the Speer 125gn GDHP in his. I can't remember what he shot to qualify with it. I know a couple of deputies who have them too and report similar performance.

Dry practice helps, just make sure it's DRY. It'll really help getting used to that DA pull.

* At 7 and 5 yards he was putting all of his rounds into a 3-4" area. He wouldn't tell anyone how he did with it the first time he shot it though. I'm thinking maybe he was wanting to hide something.

Old 06-05-2011, 04:33 AM   #15
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 8941 Times on 5348 Posts
Likes Given: 11956

I wouldn't mind having an LCR, myself.

Old 06-05-2011, 06:47 AM   #16
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo45 View Post
Based on having a co-worker with an LCR and seeing him qualify with a 90/100 (5 rounds out, my guess would be from the 25 yard line ). Why the POST doesn't have a Q course for a back up gun I'll never know. My co-worker carries the Speer 125gn GDHP in his. I can't remember what he shot to qualify with it. I know a couple of deputies who have them too and report similar performance.

Dry practice helps, just make sure it's DRY. It'll really help getting used to that DA pull.

* At 7 and 5 yards he was putting all of his rounds into a 3-4" area. He wouldn't tell anyone how he did with it the first time he shot it though. I'm thinking maybe he was wanting to hide something.
What did he qualify for with this pistol at 25 yards (75 feet)? Smelling Ninja. Is your Coworker a LEO? At 7&5 yards he was he was hitting 3-4"...that seems reasonable.

Make sure it's DRY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:10 PM   #17

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
What did he qualify for with this pistol at 25 yards (75 feet)? Smelling Ninja. Is your Coworker a LEO? At 7&5 yards he was he was hitting 3-4"...that seems reasonable.

Make sure it's DRY
We're both LEOs that's why we were qualifying. Doesn't smell Ninja to me it smells like the POST not having a dedicated Q course for back up guns.

There are a couple of higher end contract security outfits in this state who use the same Q course as POST and hire only former LEOs or military (combat arms) because their clients demand nothing less.

Seriously, you don't know what DRY means when speaking of DRY practice? Okay, make sure it's EMPTY, does that help?