Went to the gun shop today.......
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Went to the gun shop today.......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2012, 05:25 AM   #1
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7090 Times on 4267 Posts
Likes Given: 8591

Default Went to the gun shop today.......

I went to the gun shop today. I filled out paperwork for an FFL transfer of a complete lower for an AR15. Yup, someone so very kindly and generously gifted me a complete lower AR15. One person paid for it for me, another person did the work and is shipping it. I am beyond ecstatic. I don't know how to complete it but I'm hoping my buddies here will help me and I am going to visit Stalkingbear in the Spring so if I don't have it finished then, I have a weekend project for him.

Also, I looked at an LC9 and and LCP side by side. They didn't have any LCR's for me to look at. I see an LCP in my very near future. Like in a week or two. I'll post pictures when I get her. I am screaming excited about this.

Also, I looked at a Cricket because my granddaughter is 5 years old. The sad thing is, I discovered the Cricket is just the right size for me. I always have trouble shooting any long guns as they are too big/long for me to hold properly. The Cricket was just right. Do any of you know if I can get a 'grown up' rifle that has a very short stock?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-22-2012, 05:50 AM   #2

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

I would be proud to help you complete your AR build Winds.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-22-2012, 05:58 AM   #3

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
I went to the gun shop today. I filled out paperwork for an FFL transfer of a complete lower for an AR15. Yup, someone so very kindly and generously gifted me a complete lower AR15. One person paid for it for me, another person did the work and is shipping it. I am beyond ecstatic. I don't know how to complete it but I'm hoping my buddies here will help me and I am going to visit Stalkingbear in the Spring so if I don't have it finished then, I have a weekend project for him.

Also, I looked at an LC9 and and LCP side by side. They didn't have any LCR's for me to look at. I see an LCP in my very near future. Like in a week or two. I'll post pictures when I get her. I am screaming excited about this.

Also, I looked at a Cricket because my granddaughter is 5 years old. The sad thing is, I discovered the Cricket is just the right size for me. I always have trouble shooting any long guns as they are too big/long for me to hold properly. The Cricket was just right. Do any of you know if I can get a 'grown up' rifle that has a very short stock?
Ask away WOC. Try any company w a youth rifle. I know alot of women who shoot "youth" rifles so why not you?

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Old 02-22-2012, 06:00 AM   #4
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
I would be proud to help you complete your AR build Winds.
Do I have to travel down to Florida to get some guidance on finishing this AR? I wouldn't mind. Shooting your "Canebrake" 1911 is on my bucket list.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:21 AM   #5

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Congrats on the lower, but it will be very lonely until you get it paired up. Many people around here suggest building the lower from parts (I guess that part is finished for you) and buying a complete upper. You certainly wouldn't need to build the upper from parts unless you really want to for the experience.

What color LCP? I'm sure you've seen the raspberry one in Cane's family.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 02-22-2012, 06:25 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris
Congrats on the lower, but it will be very lonely until you get it paired up. Many people around here suggest building the lower from parts (I guess that part is finished for you) and buying a complete upper. You certainly wouldn't need to build the upper from parts unless you really want to for the experience.

Na shes gettin a pink one to match her Buckmark grips

Old 02-22-2012, 06:36 AM   #7
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post

Yes, I do believe the lower is complete. I haven't seen it yet. And if you don't have to build the upper than I guess I might even be able to do that myself. Except I won't know what to buy, which is where I will need some guidance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Na shes gettin a pink one to match her Buckmark grips
They don't make the raspberry colored LCP anymore. It was a limited edition. They now have the "Zombie Slayer" edition, but I think I'll pass on that. I think I just want an all black one.........so if I ever have to pull it in self defense no one will see the glint of stainless steel.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:37 AM   #8

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Do I have to travel down to Florida to get some guidance on finishing this AR? I wouldn't mind. Shooting your "Canebrake" 1911 is on my bucket list.
Winds, you know you have an open invitation to spend some time here at the canbrake hilton on the lake.

Now's the time to visit south Florida.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 02-22-2012, 06:41 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

Yes, I do believe the lower is complete. I haven't seen it yet. And if you don't have to build the upper than I guess I might even be able to do that myself. Except I won't know what to buy, which is where I will need some guidance.

They don't make the raspberry colored LCP anymore. It was a limited edition. They now have the "Zombie Slayer" edition, but I think I'll pass on that. I think I just want an all black one.........so if I ever have to pull it in self defense no one will see the glint of stainless steel.
If you wanted them to see SS shove a ruger gp100 in their face.

Old 02-22-2012, 06:46 AM   #10
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
If you wanted them to see SS shove a ruger gp100 in their face.
Yeah, there's a lot of stainless steel on my GP100. But it's a BIG gun. I want to carry this LCP around my house and property. It's not legal to carry it anywhere else in Illinois. My GP100 has a permanent place next to my bed. The LCP will be my daytime companion. And the beautiful Mark II is my 'fun gun'.