went with the buck mark - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > went with the buck mark

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2011, 03:07 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

thanks for the heads up poink88. i didnt hear that it was easy just alot more due able than the ruger. and yes i had planed on watching a few videos 1st.

gonna have to wait until next weekend to shoot it. can for sure post about my experience at the range but pics i dont know about. i got pics from the last two times with the 1911 and was forced to load a whole new OS on my computer and it is beating me at the moment. buddy of mine will be coming by to train me this weekend some.

Old 03-25-2011, 07:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poink88 View Post
The Buckmark is not that easy to take down either. Once you learned how, it is relatively easy but there is a learning curve. Watch a few youtube videos on how it is done and it will be much easier. Like this YouTube - Browning Buckmark Field Strip Part 1 of 2

The most difficult part for me is removing the spring and guide rod. Since the plastic bushing is tight and need to slide up at the same time as the firing pin assembly in my gun. I might see if I can modify that so the guide rod can pivot on it.

I ground and polished the "cocking ramp" located on the slide, especially the end part that first contacts the sear. For me that part came very rough, uneven, and in wrong angle so I rounded it up a bit.

I also rounded the outside edges of the slide since my gun is very difficult to cock and sometimes cuts me. I sanded those a bit and (cold) re-blued. I hope the spring/cocking becomes lighter with use.

Other than those, I find my Buckmark perfect.

Good luck!
Just pick up one of these. Problem solved.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:22 PM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Gratuitous gun pr0n.

Old 03-26-2011, 12:22 AM   #14

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmgun View Post
Just pick up one of these. Problem solved.
Thanks!!! Good idea and I'll "borrow" it and make one with just the part for the slide assembly removal. It looks very simple.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:35 AM   #15

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

yeah i seen some and the spring in the trigger flip is just that.

if you try and you tube use "buckmark trigger spring flip"

i get it on tuesday and my buddy is picking up a springfield 1911 by friday. its gonna be a good weekend with 2 1911's and two .22 pistols and may make a full day with the ak to boot.

awesome quick video too.

and who up there said it was hard??

Last edited by pranc2; 03-27-2011 at 03:40 AM. Reason: add