went with the buck mark
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > went with the buck mark

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 12:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default went with the buck mark

had been wanting a .22 pistol for a while because .22 is cheaper than .45acp if you didnt know. many of you helped my decision with opinions and pictures. not able to pick it up until tuesday but thats no big deal. just kind of thought that was a little funny because i didnt get delayed anytime on a kimber 1911 or an ak-47. lol just my luck would have love to play with it this weekend. it will be getting its use when i can pick it up. thanks for the help all of you on the other thread. by the way i got the cheap on with the bull barrel because its not for looks just lots of trigger time.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-24-2011, 12:40 AM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Excellent choice! I have one myself.

Now, go google 'heggis spring flip' and watch your trigger get EVEN better and your buckmark turn into a tackdriver at NO cost to you.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:54 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Great choice. I love mine....so does everyone in the immediate family who tried it and they ended buying as well.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:56 AM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Love my Buckmark. Actually it is the girlfriends, but it likes me more.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 03-24-2011, 01:58 AM   #5
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7319 Times on 4403 Posts
Likes Given: 8982

I'd like to see a range report and hear your opinion on it when you shoot it. I am debating between a Ruger Mark III and a Buckmark. I've not shot a Buckmark yet, though.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:24 AM   #6

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

I've had my Buckmark for 26 years, and love it. You made a good choice.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 03-24-2011, 03:07 AM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I'd like to see a range report and hear your opinion on it when you shoot it. I am debating between a Ruger Mark III and a Buckmark. I've not shot a Buckmark yet, though.
me neither..lol shot a lot of others and the buckmark felt better than the ones i shoot. i choose the buckmark over the ruger because i have been told that the ruger is not easy to take apart. even people familiar with many different kinds of weapons. and that is the sole reason i didnt and wont buy one. less parts means less to break.

about to check out the spring flip.. and thanks alot to you all.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:33 AM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranc2 View Post
me neither..lol shot a lot of others and the buckmark felt better than the ones i shoot. i choose the buckmark over the ruger because i have been told that the ruger is not easy to take apart. even people familiar with many different kinds of weapons. and that is the sole reason i didnt and wont buy one. less parts means less to break.

about to check out the spring flip.. and thanks alot to you all.
The Buckmark is not that easy to take down either. Once you learned how, it is relatively easy but there is a learning curve. Watch a few youtube videos on how it is done and it will be much easier. Like this

The most difficult part for me is removing the spring and guide rod. Since the plastic bushing is tight and need to slide up at the same time as the firing pin assembly in my gun. I might see if I can modify that so the guide rod can pivot on it.

I ground and polished the "cocking ramp" located on the slide, especially the end part that first contacts the sear. For me that part came very rough, uneven, and in wrong angle so I rounded it up a bit.

I also rounded the outside edges of the slide since my gun is very difficult to cock and sometimes cuts me. I sanded those a bit and (cold) re-blued. I hope the spring/cocking becomes lighter with use.

Other than those, I find my Buckmark perfect.

Good luck!

Old 03-24-2011, 08:17 PM   #9

Congrats on the Buck Mark. I've had mine for 12 flawless yrs. and can't think of a reason to ever get rid of it, short of wearing it out.

Old 03-25-2011, 01:41 AM   #10

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Congratulations on your purchase. My Buck Mark is one of my favorite pistols to shoot.