Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Went Against My Beliefs ! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/went-against-my-beliefs-33914/)

FreedomFighter69 11-03-2010 10:30 AM

Went Against My Beliefs !

Well yesterday I broke and went against my beliefs and bought........
you guessed it, a Glock ! Actually this makes the second Glock I ever owned the first one being a Model 30 that I sold because I was going through a rough time. Yesterday I bought the Model 19 and I like it. Actually, I love it ! Holds 16 shots of 9mm power and is small and comfortable, how can you beat that ?
Also got a nice Safariland pancake holster for it, fits like a glove ! As for ammo my dealer had some Remington Bonded Golden Sabres, and I jumped on them. They were 50 ct, 124 gr +P's for $60.00 but well worth it for Police/Law Enforcement ammo. At $30.00 per 25 that's about right. Also got some UMC Ball FMJ 115's for $22.00, and some Federal HST 147 gr. +P's. Today im gonna give
her a nice cleaning to get rid of the factory crud. Other than that she's spotless ! I can't wait until my permit gets here {Had to renew it.}, so I could carry her in that nice holster. Gotta shoot it too, but I'll hold off for now. Maybe I'll just shoot a few shots to make sure she works, ammo's too expensive to waste these days. Funny, im usually a metal head when it comes to guns but the Glock seems to win me over.
Happy Shootin !

CA357 11-03-2010 04:48 PM

Congrats. The only Glock I ever owned was a G19 and I liked it a lot. My buddy has now had it for years and he loves it. He's fired thousands of rounds and I don't think he's ever cleaned it.

Theunsb 11-03-2010 05:12 PM

Congrats.;) Have 22C and if my government finds no excuse I might have a 19 too.:D

SK2344 11-04-2010 02:28 AM

It's about time!

Well all I can say is I own 4 Glocks at this time and I have owned and have been shooting Glock Pistols for about 11 or so years. I am still waiting for my FIRST MALFUNCTION from any Glock I have ever owned. It is the only Gun that I completely trust to protect my life! I sold my last 1911 at the beginning of this year and I will never go back to the 1911 ever again. Just my experience and opinion. //END//;)

Neophyte1 11-04-2010 10:08 AM

Need Pictures

Sir; very good. "Pictures" :) need pictures of the ensembly:)

FreedomFighter69 11-04-2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SK2344 (Post 380152)
Well all I can say is I own 4 Glocks at this time and I have owned and have been shooting Glock Pistols for about 11 or so years. I am still waiting for my FIRST MALFUNCTION from any Glock I have ever owned. It is the only Gun that I completely trust to protect my life! I sold my last 1911 at the beginning of this year and I will never go back to the 1911 ever again. Just my experience and opinion. //END//;)

LOL ! I owned a Model 30 back in the 90's when they first came out and had to sell it because I was going through a rough financial period. I kicked myself in the arse for about 4 years after that ! As far as pictures I don't have a digital camera, so I can't post any. I would like to pickup another now either a
Model 20 10mm or another Model 30 45ACP. I don't think I want to sell my Sig 1911 for one, but I will save up for it or maybe trade my Taurus Millenium for a 40 cal Glock ? I don't know I like my little Mil-Pro . I'll do it the old fashioned way I guess. Anyone have a Model 20 and find it hard to get ammo or you have to settle for what's there ? That's the only thing that worries me about buying a 10 mm ! Thanks for the congrats guys !