well i am looking to make a new gun buy?...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > well i am looking to make a new gun buy?...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 01:59 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default well i am looking to make a new gun buy?...

hello

well i am looking to make a new gun buy?... for carry only
but i dont know if i should go with? glock or sig or streyer? or sw 9mm only

i dont need fancy i need point and shoot everytime

Last edited by shooters; 04-07-2009 at 02:10 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-07-2009, 02:06 AM   #2
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

HI Shooter,
What will you be using the pistol for (home defense, plinking or carry)? What caliber are you looking for?

Best advice it to find a range that rents pistols and shoot as many as possible to find the one that fits you and your needs.

I like the S&W M&P for carry and a 1911 Kimber for shooting but what works for me might not work for you.

Old 04-07-2009, 03:22 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

shooters, 4/7/09

As the above posters have suggested, going to a rental range and firing as many pistols as you can should help you decide.

And since you have advised us that the pistol is to be used for a carry weapon that starts to make it a little easier. For most of us, a carry pistol is going to be polymer or aluminum framed due to its lighter weight. If you can narrow it down to action type, as in Double-action-only (ie-Glocks, Springfield XD's, SW M&P,etc.), Double action-single-action (ie-most Sigs, CZ's, Berettas, SW metal framed pistols, etc.) or Single-action-only(ie- most 1911's, some Sigs and CZ's, etc.) it may help some more.

So if you can, go to a range and shoot a bunch of pistols and see what feels right. Good luck.

best wishes- oldandslow

Old 04-07-2009, 03:36 AM   #4

i would recommend the Taurus pt 24-7 pro .40 cal. it comes with two 15 round magazines and a built in picatinny rail on the front. i bought it at Bass Pro. for around 400. its great for fast reloding because when the slide locks back and you put in a new mag. the slide automatically releases, chambering a round. the only bad thing with this gun is the sight, you have to match up a single bottom dot with the top dot then the target. its kinda a pain but just buy a lazer sight and your good to go.