want to buy a cheap hadgun - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > want to buy a cheap hadgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2011, 06:48 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 79 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
The hi point will do the job for $200 -
However when you walk out the dealers door you'd be hard pressed to re sell it for $100
That's true

Old 01-23-2011, 06:59 PM   #12

If you really want to spend $200 on a gun you can't use in the Police academy, buy a .22lr. There are some decent ones for $200-ish brand new. You can practice shooting, work on some drills, etc, and save the money you would be using to feed the cheap centerfire gun. One $12 box of ammo is an afternoon at the range with a .22, and just barely a box of 9mm. In the end you can either keep the .22 for practice and introducing people to handguns, or sell it for ammo for your new service pistol. Start saving and shopping for a good 9mm that fits you. For the cost of a few thousand rounds of 9mm you can buy a good pistol.

Hi-points are OK, but you could spend your money better in my opinion.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:31 PM   #13

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

+1 on bgeddes. Buy whatever Notkdu gave away here, fairly cheap, mimic a Glock which most PDs carry. Shoot a lot. Are you old enough to buy a handgun?

Old 01-23-2011, 09:49 PM   #14

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Find someone that has a glock. Let them shoot an H&K. You'll probably get the glock for 200.00.

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Old 01-23-2011, 10:14 PM   #15

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKSlinger View Post
Find someone that has a glock. Let them shoot an H&K. You'll probably get the glock for 200.00.
If you have patience you can take that same guy and let him shoot a 1911 and then you'll have a choice between the HK or the Glock.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 01-23-2011, 11:53 PM   #16

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Now,see there ya go. People like you (that disagree with me) give this forum a bad name!

"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".

Old 01-24-2011, 01:11 AM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5797 Times on 3027 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft View Post
If you have patience you can take that same guy and let him shoot a 1911 and then you'll have a choice between the HK or the Glock.
yeah ill second that. it actually happened to me. used to have a hk usp .45 way back when they were new. got to shoot a 1911 sold the hk and bought my first colt. somone got a good deal on the HK usp.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-24-2011, 01:48 AM   #18
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 468 Times on 257 Posts

Default Looking at the Market Place section

I found this deal from one of the memebers here. Sigma 40 $250.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:30 AM   #19

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Man, I could go hangout in the 1911 sub(standard)forum if I wanted this kind of abuse.

Old 01-24-2011, 06:03 AM   #20

Well thank you all for the input. I still have about two too four years left of college because so the whole handgun i would take to the academy is not going to be a hi point i promise that. Hopefully i will have three or four more guns by then. Im still kind of in the air i mean i realize using the same quality would be best too get "good" but like i said maybe buying something i can learn some more basics on and then someday be a truck or nightstand gun. But also i seen someone ask if i was old enough. And actually im 20 so i cannot even purchase one but my step dad would buy it and i would just shoot it around my house ( live out in middle of no where and have a range for rifles and such). Which actually brought me too another question. If i am 20 in illinois have a valid FOID card does anyone know if i can transport a handgun thaty my stepdad bought like to a range?