Walther PPQ vs. Glock 19 - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Walther PPQ vs. Glock 19

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2013, 11:02 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1101 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357

It sounds like a typical Glock response to me. "I like Glock because they always go bang." Yeah, and how bout you tell me about the rest of the modern handguns from major manufacturers on the market right now? Do they not go bang just like a Glock?

Oh sorry, I didn't realize its a DIFFERENT bang.....
He'll yeah it's a different bang!!! The other brands go "pew pew pew". GLOCKS go "BANG, BANG, and f**king BANG!!!!" haha
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 08-31-2013, 11:27 PM   #32

Liked 83 Times on 66 Posts

Because everyone likes to hate on them

Old 08-31-2013, 11:36 PM   #33

Liked 83 Times on 66 Posts

Most popular pistol around, parts and accessories can be found everywhere, has been around for a long time and has a proven track record its lightweight and accurate and has been the gun i grew up with since i was a kid easy to operate and clean and has been torture tested and proven to work also has high capacity mags for all calibers and finding holsters and accessories are easy to find heck even Walmart has glock accessories holsters ect if the end of the world were to happen id take a glock or a 1911 parts and pieces are everywhere for those too but not as much as glock thats why

Old 08-31-2013, 11:39 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3729 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by hq357
Most popular pistol around, parts and accessories can be found everywhere, has been around for a long time and has a proven track record its lightweight and accurate and has been the gun i grew up with since i was a kid easy to operate and clean and has been torture tested and proven to work also has high capacity mags for all calibers and finding holsters and accessories are easy to find heck even Walmart has glock accessories holsters ect if the end of the world were to happen id take a glock or a 1911 parts and pieces are everywhere for those too but not as much as glock thats why
Once again, taken directly out of the Glock Fan Boy guidebook.

The only thing that was different about any other handgun in there is that you grew up with Glocks. To me, that is enough reason.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:00 AM   #35
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22308 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by hq357 View Post
Because everyone likes to hate on them
are you making an assumption that i hate Glocks?

because if so, then you would be wrong.

just because i don't fall down and pray to Gaston Glock or the alter that some want to erect for him like his design of pistol is the end all and be all pistol ever made, doesn't mean i don't appreciate he Glock what it simply is.

your ignorance of firearms shines through once again.

Old 09-01-2013, 03:15 AM   #36

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have Glock 26, Glock 19 and Walther PPQ-M2 and the PPQ is better:

Better grip
Better trigger
Best presicion
Best weight

Its not to say, is to test

Old 09-01-2013, 04:29 AM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2451 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Okay this is getting rediculous.

First off, a law enforcement agency can get a discount on ANY weapon they want to purchase. When the local SO switched over from Sig to Glock they bought 400+ weapons at once. Any manufacturer or wholesaler will jump at a sale like that and mark the price down as much as they have to (and still make a profit) in order to make the sale. Most law enforcement agencies don't buy ANYTHING because its "cheap." A lot of weapons and equipment purchases are financed by grants from the Feds. So they're spending someone else's money anyway.

They pick weapons and equipment based on national standards, reliability statistics, what their armorers are qualified to service and how intensive/expensive/often the MAINTENANCE on the equipment is expected to be. Their people's lives depend on issued equipment. No administrator wants to be blamed for pinching pennies when a LEO dies because his cheap equipment failed.

Second, the PPQ is a Glock clone. They're both reliable and both set up basically the same way. So shoot them both and buy the one that you shoot the best. Different sized hands, different length fingers, different shooting styles all make a difference in the way a gun feels to you and the way it feels to someone else. In this instance its comparing apples to apples.

I'm a Glock shooter, but I'm not going to tell someone to buy the Glock instead of X or Y Glock clone because *I* like it. Unless there are known problems with the other gun my response is to shoot it and see which one you like.

Last edited by DeltaF; 09-01-2013 at 04:40 AM.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-01-2013, 08:14 AM   #38
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3382 Times on 2288 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by hq357
Really,..more parts out there for Glock then 1911's ? Wonder where you live. Here in Az. Most everyone has 1911's EXECPT the LE's who either have Dept. issue or get a stipend to buy their own if approved."Volunteers" like myself, our Agency requires either DA/SA or DAO, 9mm or larger, from an Approved list, which both the Glock & Walther are on, as well as Sig's, S&W, Beretta,.....I Chose another Beretta, so including my Taurus 92, I have 3 now...just glad there is no limit to how many mags we can carry...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 09-01-2013 at 08:23 AM.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 835 Times on 525 Posts
Likes Given: 255

Quote:
They pick weapons and equipment based on national standards, reliability statistics, what their armorers are qualified to service and how intensive/expensive/often the MAINTENANCE on the equipment is expected to be. Their people's lives depend on issued equipment. No administrator wants to be blamed for pinching pennies when a LEO dies because his cheap equipment failed.
Yes they do all that and then buy the cheapest Glocks.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:17 PM   #40
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22308 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Yes they do all that and then buy the cheapest Glocks.
not always. for a while a few years ago, here in Texas, the DPS, which is our state troopers, carried Sigs in 357 Sig. i don't remember which model my friend who is a retired DPS officer said they carried now.

sometimes they contract out firearms and ammo purchases to the lowest bidder of those they have approved for their ability to pass their qualifications.

how about we break it down by the numbers. if a department has to purchase, say 1000 pistols for their officers and those pistols normally cost $450 each, that's $450,000 and they get them for $400, that's $400,000 with a savings of $50,000 on that order. anytime someone can buy in volume, many times they can get a discount on the price of that large a volume of an item.