Walther PPQ vs. Glock 19
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Walther PPQ vs. Glock 19

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 04:27 PM   #1
CJx
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Default Walther PPQ vs. Glock 19

Looking at videos and specs of both of these guns, honestly I think I would take the PPQ over the glock for home defense and concealed carry. The trigger is reported better than glocks, the sights seem better, and there's just something about glocks that are do not seem right for me, the PPQ just seems more solid.

What are your thoughts about these 2 guns?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-26-2013, 04:32 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

I think the PPQ is a glock clone. It's generally better to buy the original rather than the copy.
The PPQ is a good gun.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 08-26-2013, 05:33 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3861 Times on 2305 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

I hear the PPQ has the best Glock type trigger out of the box. I can buy both at my LGS. I loved the ergos on the PPQ. Prettier gun too.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #4
CJx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
I hear the PPQ has the best Glock type trigger out of the box. I can buy both at my LGS. I loved the ergos on the PPQ. Prettier gun too.
Also everything I read says the reliability is the same aswell. However I don't see any crazy torture tests on youtube for the PPQ, but have read some real nice reports

Old 08-26-2013, 06:21 PM   #5

Liked 1095 Times on 656 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJx

Also everything I read says the reliability is the same aswell. However I don't see any crazy torture tests on youtube for the PPQ, but have read some real nice reports
One thing you have to look at, are you going to be performing these crazy a$$ torture test?? Probably not, so it doesn't matter about these stupid test. You have to buy a firearm for yourself and how it feels to you. Someone could say this firearm is the best in the world, but it might not feel right to you!!!!
Old 08-28-2013, 11:16 PM   #6

Liked 27 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Fathead is right. Pick the one you like and fits you. PPQ is a good gun. For me, Glock is the only choice. Yes, I'm a Glock fanboy. Lol

Later,

Cracker7

Old 08-28-2013, 11:29 PM   #7

Liked 226 Times on 141 Posts

Had a ppq, IMO Eats a glock for breakfast.

I loved the paddle mag release,was more accurate with it than with a glock,and the trigger was the best I've ever felt on a poly gun. Ergonomics were also outstanding. And it concealed better for me.

No malfunctions, if I could I'd go back and stop myself from selling it I would in a heartbeat. But I was new to poly guns the and didn't know what I had,and had come across hard times.

Old 08-28-2013, 11:37 PM   #8
CJx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong View Post
Had a ppq, IMO Eats a glock for breakfast.

I loved the paddle mag release,was more accurate with it than with a glock,and the trigger was the best I've ever felt on a poly gun. Ergonomics were also outstanding. And it concealed better for me.

No malfunctions, if I could I'd go back and stop myself from selling it I would in a heartbeat. But I was new to poly guns the and didn't know what I had,and had come across hard times.
Their not expensive man, put away a few bucks every week or whatever and pick up a new one, there's a new gen out.

You might be a libertarian if you wonder why the definition of liberal contradicts with their views.

There is no left vs. right, no "liberal" vs. "conservative." It's greed for a few vs. prosperity for all, which side are you on?

Old 08-28-2013, 11:45 PM   #9

Liked 226 Times on 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJx

Their not expensive man, put away a few bucks every week or whatever and pick up a new one, there's a new gen out.
Yeai know,I have the expendable income now but I have other things I'm financially focused on at this point in time. Besides I'm burnt out the gun thing for now (gasp).

But the new gen has the typical western mag release,I'd have to find one if the originals with the paddle style release
Old 08-29-2013, 07:55 AM   #10

Liked 81 Times on 64 Posts

image-524412060.jpg

You cant do that with a ppq if it were me id choose the one thats the most popular with law enforcement, able to use factory 30 round magazines and has aftermarket market accessories everywhere and the most popular i think you know wich one im talking about