Walther PK .380 (Gun range question also) - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Walther PK .380 (Gun range question also)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2010, 04:07 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonheart View Post
The Walther PK380 is a new sightly larger and thicker frame pistol. They are also less expensive than the PPK/s. The Walther PPK is an older firearm in use in WWII. The PPK is a compact version of the old Walther PP service pistol. My Walther PPK/s looks exactly like the PPK, but the grip is slightly longer (1/10 of an inch). The PPK was the pistol used by the James Bond character.

So you can get even more confused there is also a Walther PPS, which is about the same size as as the PPK/S, but more squared in shape like a Glock. It is more expensive than the PPK/s. The PPS is chambered in 9mm and .40 Smith & Wesson. The PPS is an excellent pistol; very thin (0.9 inch thick) accurate and dependable (the insides look like a Glock). I have never fired the .40 but my 9mm shoots great. Magazine capacity for the PPS is 6, 7 or 8 rounds in 9mm.

Because the Texas summers are so hot I usually wear shorts and a light shirt. Holsters are uncomfortable and hard to conceal in light attire so I like a pocket pistol. The shape of my PPS does not lend itself to be quite as handy in the pocket as my PPK/s, but my PPS would be my second choice.
Wow thanks a bunch. I am looking into a pk380 as my first gun. I plan to learn on it and have it as my ccw. As a second gun and for a primary carry weapon is going to be a 3inch barrel Colt defender. I just love it.

Thanks again for this post. I had been wondering this for quite a while.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:24 PM   #12

Go to your local ammo store and check the price and availability of 380 ammo.

I carry a P3AT everyday, but it is certainly not my only gun and definitely not the caliber I shoot the most at the range.

Old 04-07-2010, 04:42 PM   #13

Member from tenn. bought my pk380 about two months ago.great gun,very accurate and fun to shoot.the floating barrel is my onlytick cause it gets scratched so easy.Here in tn u canshoot at a range if u r under 21 if u have a parent or someone like that with u.

Old 04-08-2010, 12:43 AM   #14

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Only In Texas

Here in Texas you can shoot if you are tall enough to see over the bench.