Walther P22 problems - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Walther P22 problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 02:14 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin534 View Post
Throwing the misfired round into the creek seems like a good option, but what about when you are in an indoor range? You wait the 10 seconds, remove the round and then what?
Its a good thing my club doesn't have an indoor range.

What is the proper action to take with a bad primer at an indoor range? Never had to think about that before.

Old 03-04-2009, 02:47 AM   #12

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default This is why we have to use steel shot duck loads

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 View Post
Never thought about that. But GENERALLY, when I open a new 500 or 550 round box of 22lr, doesn't seem to make a difference of which manufacturer, they are packed bullets down primers up. I don't know how they manage that with all the ammo floating free.

When I do have a misfire, I wait the 10 seconds before clearing, as suggested, and believe it or not some do fire a few seconds after the misfire. If they do not fire, I eject the round and throw it in a stream that runs behind the firing line. (The stream is really handy for filling up plastic containers destined to be targets)
dn, I'm really not going to Jump Your Bones-BUT-throw the unfired round in a stream? I guess you NOW know why we duck hunters now have to use steel shot! 1 or 2 ducks out of 200 million of them ate one of dnthmn's unfired lead bullets, and suffered a case of lead poisoning I hope that the Feds. don't pick up on this, or they will be knocking at your door! NOW, I ask all out there--what do you do with an unfired-primer struck round? At an indoor or outdoor range? PS. As a recent LEO academy graduate you do know the laws against littering don't you?

NRA Life MEMBER 1976

Last edited by BILLYBOB44; 03-04-2009 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Littering?

Old 03-04-2009, 10:07 AM   #13

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLYBOB44 View Post
dn, I'm really not going to Jump Your Bones-BUT-throw the unfired round in a stream? I guess you NOW know why we duck hunters now have to use steel shot! 1 or 2 ducks out of 200 million of them ate one of dnthmn's unfired lead bullets, and suffered a case of lead poisoning I hope that the Feds. don't pick up on this, or they will be knocking at your door! NOW, I ask all out there--what do you do with an unfired-primer struck round? At an indoor or outdoor range? PS. As a recent LEO academy graduate you do know the laws against littering don't you?
Im sure my few 22lr rounds are a drop in the bucket compared to how much lead seeps into that stream when it rains. BTW, the stream flows into the Millers River which was used as dumpster back in the early 1900s by the Erving Paper Mill. Even with 15 years of rehabilitation, the river and bottom are still a redish brown with rust and the fish are still not safe to eat. At least I'm disposing of my misfired rounds safely.

I'd gladly use a different method if you suggest one.

P.S. Yes I know the laws about littering. I could sit at my club and write about 2000 tickets a day, one for each spent case left on the ground. But thats the kind of thing that turns a PO into a burnout.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:53 AM   #14

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default Your a good sport dn!!

Hay, dn-I'm just messing with ya! I actually believe from reading your post, and at your young age, you'll make a FINE LEO!! The industrial pollution really sucks doesn't it?

NRA Life MEMBER 1976

Old 03-05-2009, 02:03 AM   #15

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLYBOB44 View Post
Hay, dn-I'm just messing with ya! I actually believe from reading your post, and at your young age, you'll make a FINE LEO!! The industrial pollution really sucks doesn't it?
Thank you for your confidence in me becoming a LEO. If only departments in MA were hiring instead of laying off the rookies and asking the senior officers to retire earlier than they want. The economy needs to turn around before I get hired.

Stupid Massachusetts... Devil Patrick decided to cut things we don't need, like police officers, fire fighters, and teachers to name a few. Its great because those state employees are a complete waste of money that could be going to pay off our debt from "the big dig" (which won't be paid off untill 2034). Consider that my rant for today.

Yes, I hate industrial pollution. Its sad that the river I mentioned is so polluted, because it is very beautiful and has some really nice fishing.

Old 03-06-2009, 01:41 AM   #16
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I shoot at an indoor range and they have a hot box for mis fire rounds. The 10 seconds is a good rule of thumb for any round that doesn't go boom when it should. Gives you time to review your firearm and pass on a delay primer fire.