Walther p22 dont believe the bad reviews.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Walther p22 dont believe the bad reviews.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Walther p22 dont believe the bad reviews.

The bad reviews said that this gun won't feed bulk pack .22lr ammo and the accuracy lacks because of the short barrel and light weight. I have found the opposite. I had zero problems with bulk pack ammo and the accuracy was great.

image-4275748993.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #2

Liked 380 Times on 252 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Its great you got a quality .22. Theyre not always easy to come by. But not every gun is the same, even if they came off the same line in the same day.

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 01-06-2013, 05:57 PM   #3

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

We shot one extensively yesterday, proved accurate at 20-30 yards, enough to hit a can repeatedly. Fed federal match ammo, 325 bulk box with no issue, had some issue with another brand of bulk, 3 fail to feed out of 10-15 mags, not to bad for a .22.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #4

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Had mine for 5 years. Enjoyed it but I have to say it is more finicky than I like my guns to be. Accuracy is very good. Still if I had it to do over again would prolly buy a mark III.

NEVER FORGET

Old 01-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5919 Times on 3348 Posts
Likes Given: 5458

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Had mine for 5 years. Enjoyed it but I have to say it is more finicky than I like my guns to be. Accuracy is very good. Still if I had it to do over again would prolly buy a mark III.
Apples and oranges. The Walther is a general purpose trail and plinking gun. The Mark lll is a dedicated range gun.

Winston Churchill

Old 01-10-2013, 09:28 PM   #6

Liked 430 Times on 283 Posts
Likes Given: 34

I've never shot one, but I've been selling the heck out of them. I sell probably twice as many Walters as I do the Ruger SR22.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:23 AM   #7

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post

Apples and oranges. The Walther is a general purpose trail and plinking gun. The Mark lll is a dedicated range gun.
How can you say my own drothers are apples & oranges. I understand that they both shoot 22lr, both have 10rnd mags, and are built for different applications. Still, if "I" had it to do over again, "I" would probably by a mark III.

NEVER FORGET

Old 01-11-2013, 03:16 PM   #8

Liked 516 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
I've never shot one, but I've been selling the heck out of them. I sell probably twice as many Walters as I do the Ruger SR22.
Yeah, but how much of that is "cool factor". The Walther looks like a gun James Bond used for quite a few movies but without the same cost.

I'm sure everyone can find a good gun and I question how bad some guns are. My personal jam-o-matic (not a Walther) still is 86% reliable. That is still at least one issue every 10 round magazine. Modern guns are actually pretty good.

My biggest gripe with the P22 and Mosquito is that they really are picky about ammunition. No one shooting mini-mags exclusively through a Mosquito complains. That said, why should anyone be forced to pay for high end rounds all the time. The point is .22's are supposed to be cheap.

However, I think the trick with ANY Automatic, whether it is a rimfire or centerfire, is to run different brands of ammunition through it until you find what works best.

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

Old 01-11-2013, 09:07 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I have had my P22 for about 8 years I guess now. I have had some bulk ammo that when the components got dirty I would get a few FTF's, but I bet mine has had over 10k rounds without a single replacement part and still doesn't miss a beat. I did notice that even when dirty, if I use 40gr it never fails. Anything less and the chance is roughly 5% on a ftf. I can see the wear on all the parts, yet it still performs above expectations.

Also, I had the Ruger Mark II 22/45 I believe it was. Absolutely hated it. In 7 years I put 30 rounds through it. Sold it for the worthless hunk of stainless steel "I" found it to be. I just didn't like anything about it. And it seemed to be no more accurate than the Walther when I use the 5 inch barrel.

Last edited by GeneralPatton; 01-11-2013 at 09:10 PM.