VIDEO: Hi-Point C9 Informal Review
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > VIDEO: Hi-Point C9 Informal Review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 11:15 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default VIDEO: Hi-Point C9 Informal Review

Here's my quick, and basic review of my personal Hi-Point model C9 (9x19mm( handgun.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-20-2009, 11:36 AM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Great job SARGE!

I'd own a Charlie Niner.... just cuz you like it!

Old 08-22-2009, 05:11 AM   #3

i really been thinking of getting one as a carry pistol but it using zamak kinda scares me. have you ever heard any real reports of it blowing up in someones hand? or it cracking or breaking?
i really want a keltec p11 but theyre pretty expensive where i live almost $200 more than the hp c9 so thats why i'm considering the high point. i'm worried i'm gonna get it and regret it.

Old 08-22-2009, 01:35 PM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

The chances of a Hi-Point blowing up in your face is pretty much the same as any other sidearm on the market. There are about 4 different areas where the slide would have to critically fail in order for it to come off the weapon during operation.

I'm sitting at almost 1000 rounds through my C9. I haven't had any issues. The weapon is +P rated, so whatever factory rounds you buy for SD should be no issue.

This weapon is excellent for the money, in my opinion. The only thing you'll have to prepare yourself for is the experience of owning such a "bashed" weapon. Usually, people say things like this when they see or hear about a Hi-Point:

"Hi-Points suck!"

"Hi-Points are crap. They always jam on you."

"A Hi-Point will blow up in your face after awhile."

"Only stupid people get these Hi-Points."

"Hi-Point slides will come off and hit you." <---- I love that one...lol.

Remember to check out one yourself. Take the time to ask the questions (no such thing as a dumb question). If the salesman gives you answers that are like the quotes above, come back to this forum and ask me. I will do my best to keep you informed the correct way.

I am going to be taking my Hi-Point to the range today, and I'll make another video of me shooting it. Since I have an actual video camcorder, I should be able to make something showing the hits on target at 15 yards and such.

The biggest selling point is this:

If you don't want a 9x19mm pistol, Hi-Point also offers a .40 S&W model (10 + 1 capacity) and a .45 ACP model (9 + 1 capacity). Each one averages retail right under 200 dollars. You CANNOT beat that! Getting a working centerfire pistol in a popular SD chambering for a super cheap price is almost unheard of in this day and age. That is one of the reason they are so disliked.

You have no idea how many people I can piss off at the range by shooting well with my meek Hi-Point C9.

P.S. The weapon breaks for whatever reason. You send it in to Hi-Point and it is repaired/replaced. No questions asked. For the lifetime of the weapon. Regardless of whether or not you are the original owner. THAT, my friend, is a good warranty.

Old 08-22-2009, 06:41 PM   #5

i think i'll take your advice my cousins husband has a high point in a 380 maybe hell let me shoot it so i can see how i like it. thanks for your help sarge

Old 08-22-2009, 07:52 PM   #6

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Hey man, another great vid! High-Point is gonna wanna higher you as their new sales rep! You said in the vid you werent gonna break it appart but might I suggest/request that as a next vid?

Keep them coming!

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 08-22-2009, 08:06 PM   #7

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Good Gun Review Sarge!!

Old 08-22-2009, 08:10 PM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I wouldn't want one myself just based on looks. Man those things are bulky ugly.

Old 08-22-2009, 08:22 PM   #9

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

That's one of the reasons I like them. They are ugly, and inexpensive so I don't mind if it gets dinged/scratched or whatnot.

Old 08-22-2009, 09:10 PM   #10

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

It's not the $40k truck you park in the back of the lot so it does not get dinged. It's the $500.00 beater that starts and runs everytime. Gets you where you want to go and you leave the keys in it because you know people don't know what you know.

Would be bulky to carry, tho. Unless you wear very baggy shirts and a tight belt.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!