Unique pistols - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Unique pistols

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2010, 04:00 AM   #21
WDB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post
Attachment 13174

SW 1955 .45 auto rim. Shoots .45 ACP with half moon clips. Not super rare, but I like it.
It might be rarer than you know depending if it is prior to when it was assigned a model number. I don't recall the model number assigned, I'm thinking model 25. If I recall they went to a four screw version when it was assigned a model number. The pre model number are five screws. Either way a nice shooting pistol. I have one that is pre model number and it always makes the trip to the range.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 04-20-2010, 07:28 PM   #22

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

Here are a couple more:
Luger .22

H&K P7, one of the last 500 ever made

Old 04-20-2010, 10:31 PM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I had a 22 Luger!
Take careful notice of the bobbed and trimmed RG22. I dare anyone here to find a less accurate handgun that has rifling in the barrel. It would literally not fire in the same spot twice at 5 feet. I only used ratshot with it.

I want to be a ball turret gunner.

Old 04-22-2010, 03:45 AM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Have either one of you hade issues with those Luger 22's? I've heard they can be a nightmare for feeding issues and what not, any complaints?

I'm already surrounded by half-dead brainless people already, the zombie apocalypse would just give me a reason to be productive and get rid of them.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:29 PM   #25

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzai View Post
Have either one of you hade issues with those Luger 22's? I've heard they can be a nightmare for feeding issues and what not, any complaints?
Not at all but this one was smothed out by a great gunsmith before I got it. Feeds anything I put through it but I don't know what it was like when new.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:29 PM   #26

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Here is Linda and my submission:

Steyr GB, one of the ugliest pistols made but one hell of a tack driver.

The development of the GB pistol was started by Steyr-Daimler-Puch AG (now Steyr-Mannliher AG), Austria, in the early 1970s, when the Austrian army announced its plans to replace aging P38s and High Powers with the new pistol. Original design, labeled as PI-18, was developed in 1974, and final version, called GB, entered production in 1981. The production of the GB was ceased circa 1988, after some 15.000 to 20.000 pistols had been produced.

The GB is a blowback-operated, gas-retarded blowback semi auto pistol. It uses some of the hot powder gases; feed from the barrel into the front part of the slide, to slow down the retraction of the slide before the bullet leave the barrel. This scheme was developed by German engineer Barnitzke at the end of the WW2. The gas brake is formed by the barrel, its bushing and the slide.
The trigger of the GB is of double action design, with the slide mounted decocker lever. GB also featured firing pin block that unlocks the firing pin only when the trigger is completely depressed.

The frame and the slide is made from carbon steel with special high-strength finish. Barrel has polygonal rifling and is chrome lined, and solidly attached to the frame.

The sights are fixed and featured white-dot inserts (one in the front sight blade and two - around the rear sights notch).

Some early GBs were manufactured with steel grip panels, with all the rest manufactured with plastic checkered grips.

Type: Double Action
Chamber: 9x19mm Luger/Parabellum
Weight: 845 g empty; 1285 g loaded
Length: 216 mm
Barrel length: 136 mm
Capacity: 18 rounds + 1 in the tube

steyr-gb.jpg  

Old 04-22-2010, 03:48 PM   #27

WW ll era & later AN-M8 Flare Pistol, as issued to pilots.

100_2953.jpg  

Old 04-22-2010, 05:09 PM   #28
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2983 Times on 1554 Posts
Likes Given: 275

That GB is a nice compact pistol. I have only seen 2 ever.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 04-25-2010, 02:51 AM   #29
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Here are a couple of oddballs I have picked up over the years. The first is a AMT AutoMag long slide, 10 shot 22mag. The second is a Llama MiniMax 12 shot 45ACP

amt.jpg   minimax-001.jpg  

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Last edited by WDB; 04-25-2010 at 03:45 AM.

Old 04-25-2010, 03:10 AM   #30

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
My submission is pretty lame compared to what I've seem posted so far but here's mine.The most unique thing in my collection is a Smith and Wesson Model 25-2 45ACP revolver(N Frame). This particular weapon went through the John Jovino shop in NY getting the barrel cut from 6" to what you see here is nowhere near that. There was not a whole lot of these made from what I've been able to gather. Much like the Lew Horton's that look a little like this Jovino took some of these and cut the barrel, added a match trigger and hammer, and called them The Effector. I am not exactly sure how many of these were made by Jovino. I've heard from 500 to 1500. I have looked almost weekly for over a year looking for another one like this. I did see one on the gunsamerica auction and the bid closed at 1850.00. I have no desire to sell this one I just get curious. I actually got this pretty cheap in a trade a few years ago. It's amazing what you can find at a stock yard on trading day. Those old farmers get together and buy/sell/trade knives, guns, cattle(LOL), a little of everything. I happened to be there looking for case knives for my budding collection. And I happened on this. At first I thought it might be a Lew Horton but those are square but wheel guns where Jovino made them a round butt and put a set of Pachmayr grips on them.

Well.I've droned on long enough for what little I really know about the Jovino revolvers. So here ya go...

By the way, any of you with any info on these handguns feel free top add anything you know about them. I'd love to hear more about them really. It's a really fun weapon to shoot but it is pretty unusual and info is not all that easy to find.
Beauty, DrumJunkie.
Ruger Mk III Competition .22 LR, S&W M&P Pro Series 9mm
DrumJunkie Likes This