Undecided on a carry weapon - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Undecided on a carry weapon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2010, 02:08 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 2925 Times on 1608 Posts
Likes Given: 817

If you want to stay with 380, check out the SW Bodyguard and the SIG 238. I shot the Sig last week and it is much easier to control than my P3AT Kel Tec or the LCP while still being small. The SW Body guard has a built in laser and has a better grip than the LCP or P3AT but I have not shot it.
The Walther pistols have a great reputation but dont discount the Bersa Thunder. Not as nicely buit but they have made some design improvements over the PPK and have a good reputation and are cheaper. They are DA/SA.
My wife does not like the double action trigger pull of revolvers or DA/SA autos. She took my Glock 19. Look at the Ruger SR9C if you want to jump up to the size of a Glock. Recoil is very manageable with these guns.
Look at the Kahr Pistols. I am still kicking myself for passing up a great deal on a Kahr at the last gun show. The are well made but a little pricier. Their CW9 is a little lower priced and an excellent gun.
Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:38 PM   #12
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

My wife loves her Ruger .38 LCR with CT's.

She loves the laser and believes a lot of that line of thinking that says if you were ever in a tough spot and put that red dot on somebody, they just might take flight, not fight.

The gun has great feel and very comfortable to shoot everything except +p and that is a little spicy for her liking.

Go to ranges/clubs and rent guns...try a LOT of them before you decide. Find exactly what you want and what feels good in your hand.

Good luck with your search...shoot SAFELY.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:19 PM   #13
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I always carry my LCP with the 10-rd. ProMag which provides much more of a grip. I can easily conceal-carry this using an ordinary in-waist clip holster and any overhanging shirt. It would probably work fine in a purse too. Whether or not you get another gun to carry, I suggest you might as well get a 10-rd. ProMag for your LCP to have on hand as well. Mine has been reliable... Like it a lot.
"If the Earth were made of gold, I guess men would kill for a handful of dirt." - Gary Cooper's last line in the movie THE GARDEN OF EVIL