Turn your Handgun Into a Pellet Gun? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Turn your Handgun Into a Pellet Gun?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 06:19 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 794 Times on 518 Posts
Likes Given: 886

I was just curious... I thought it would be cool to add another caliber for my damn serpent pistol... I dont think theres a airgun replica of that...

Old 04-15-2012, 08:17 PM   #12

Liked 1591 Times on 953 Posts
Likes Given: 358

I wouldn't want to convert a firearm to a toy. I want to always be aware of the firearm I am holding is a deadly tool.

Off, off topic, but there is a good article in the current Shotgun News that talks about large caliber air rifles. There is even a photo of a buffalo killed with an air gun. You would not get that kind of performance out of a conversion. I bet it won't be long before the BATFE reconsiders air rifles as firearms. It might go down like the registering of automatic weapons. Get 'em while they are hot.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 04-15-2012, 09:56 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3042 Times on 1523 Posts
Likes Given: 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
I wouldn't want to convert a firearm to a toy. I want to always be aware of the firearm I am holding is a deadly tool.

Off, off topic, but there is a good article in the current Shotgun News that talks about large caliber air rifles. There is even a photo of a buffalo killed with an air gun. You would not get that kind of performance out of a conversion. I bet it won't be long before the BATFE reconsiders air rifles as firearms. It might go down like the registering of automatic weapons. Get 'em while they are hot.
Used to be, I assume it still is, any air rifle that could generate more than 12 ft/lbs of energy was considered a firearm in the UK. I believe it was 8 ft/lbs for pistols (or maybe 6, not sure). Even less impressive older airguns are worth a look.
I've killed a Jackrabbit with a .177 airgun when I was about 14 (the gun: Feinwerkbau 124). Squirrels were not a problem either. If there wasn't much wind, 40 to 50 yard shots on juice cans were easy.
Calling them toys is a bit of a disservice.
NRA Life Member

How will we know it's time to gather up the pitchforks & torches and start assembling the guillotine on the DC mall?