Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > TulAmmo Safe?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 04:34 PM   #71
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5496 Times on 3112 Posts
Likes Given: 4773

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
I ain't scart

I aint either!

Golda Meier.

Old 02-16-2013, 02:49 AM   #72

Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post
I'm perfectly calm. The one responding to me repeatedly insisted that my handguns are in some way defective when it was no less than obvious given the info I provided that the Ammo was the sole cause of the failure. The OP asking the question is it safe. I answered with my experience that it is "unreliable" at best causing a massive failure rate of 45%.
The ammo works just fine in other guns but not in yours. I would call that a defect. Yes I called them picky but I still see it as a defect. Any of my guns should be able to shoot any correct caliber ammo that there is out there. Otherwise it is defective.

Old 02-16-2013, 02:59 AM   #73
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyj View Post
I assume you mean 45% failure rate for Tula in your handgun?
Yes, as I said, in my 1911 and G30 the rates of failure were 45%. I fired 30 rounds of .223 with no failures, but I don't tend to abuse my weapons and given that simply firing steel case ammo gives a manufacturer the right to void your warranty, I don't do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hossfly
45% failure rate on Tula ammo?
Bullshet------------------------
You can call it whatever you want, it was 45%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbomar4
The ammo works just fine in other guns but not in yours. I would call that a defect. Yes I called them picky but I still see it as a defect. Any of my guns should be able to shoot any correct caliber ammo that there is out there. Otherwise it is defective.
TulAmmo has failed in far more weapons than my two handguns. A simple google search leads to a plethora of links to people who've experienced more issues with Tula than you can shake a stick at. Of course, I realize the old adage "you get what you pay for" is generally true, and Tula uses the most inexpensive parts to make the most inexpensive ammo. Would you buy a Lorcin AR15 if they existed? (I should hope you'd have more sense than that, but given this is the net and I don't know you I don't really know the answer)

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 02-16-2013, 03:47 AM   #74

Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post
TulAmmo has failed in far more weapons than my two handguns. A simple google search leads to a plethora of links to people who've experienced more issues with Tula than you can shake a stick at. Of course, I realize the old adage "you get what you pay for" is generally true, and Tula uses the most inexpensive parts to make the most inexpensive ammo. Would you buy a Lorcin AR15 if they existed? (I should hope you'd have more sense than that, but given this is the net and I don't know you I don't really know the answer)
Ok so how is it that this ammo works just fine in my guns as well as so many others but it is still the ammo's fault? Yes I admit it is dirty nasty ammo but it works. Why dont you do a search HI-point torture test. They are cheep guns but guess what they still work

Old 02-16-2013, 04:15 AM   #75

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton

Yes, as I said, in my 1911 and G30 the rates of failure were 45%. I fired 30 rounds of .223 with no failures, but I don't tend to abuse my weapons and given that simply firing steel case ammo gives a manufacturer the right to void your warranty, I don't do it.

You can call it whatever you want, it was 45%.

So are you saying that there is no way the guns that had issues are not defective? Like has already been pointed out if your gun can't run everything it is defective. Having a gun that can only shoot this or that is not a reliable gun. I thought glocks can run anything. At least that's what I have been told. Now I have someone telling me they can't.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:27 AM   #76

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Just read the glock owners manual. It dose not say anything about it not being ok to use steel ammo. More dose it in my XD or M&P 15 manual.

Old 02-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #77

Liked 2178 Times on 1469 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
So are you saying that there is no way the guns that had issues are not defective? Like has already been pointed out if your gun can't run everything it is defective. Having a gun that can only shoot this or that is not a reliable gun. I thought glocks can run anything. At least that's what I have been told. Now I have someone telling me they can't.
Yeah but look who's doing the telling
45% failure-- So i guess next time i want to shoot a box i'll have to dig out two boxes to be sure one box will actually be fired

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 02-16-2013, 11:59 AM   #78

Liked 376 Times on 232 Posts
Likes Given: 156

I've used it a lot in multiple handguns and rifles. In fact in one day me and a buddy of mine blew through ~420 rounds each (we split a case) and had zero problems with our AR's. It's good practice ammo at good prices.

Well it was until recently - I saw 9mm Tula 50 round boxes on CTD for $19.99 today - WTF?

01100011011011110110110101100101001000000110000101 10111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110 01010010000001110100011010000110010101101101

Old 02-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #79

Liked 2178 Times on 1469 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdiver35 View Post
I've used it a lot in multiple handguns and rifles. In fact in one day me and a buddy of mine blew through ~420 rounds each (we split a case) and had zero problems with our AR's. It's good practice ammo at good prices.

Well it was until recently - I saw 9mm Tula 50 round boxes on CTD for $19.99 today - WTF?
Been seeing that myself---
Guess thats why its in stock

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 02-16-2013, 03:56 PM   #80
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbomar4 View Post
Ok so how is it that this ammo works just fine in my guns as well as so many others but it is still the ammo's fault? Yes I admit it is dirty nasty ammo but it works. Why dont you do a search HI-point torture test. They are cheep guns but guess what they still work
I'm simply flabbergasted you can't grasp the concept of something working 100% using anything but product X and you thinking the cause isn't product X. If you go to a gas station, and you get gas, and your car stalls out and fails to run and the cause was subpar quality gas, yet you can get gas at any other station and the car runs fine, you're reasoning would be the car is at fault because you put bad product into it. That's just not how it works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15
So are you saying that there is no way the guns that had issues are not defective?
Yes, I am saying there is no way it was the guns. See example above related to fuel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15
Just read the glock owners manual. It dose not say anything about it not being ok to use steel ammo. More dose it in my XD or M&P 15 manual.
I never said that Glock had that written in the manual. But if you wish for me to enlighten you with those that do, I'll be happy to do such.

First, CMMG voids your lifetime warranty for any Steel or Reloads
http://www.cmmginc.com/Articles.asp?ID=258

Olympic Arms
http://www.olyarms.com/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&Itemid=20&view=fin ish&cid=44&catid=5

Delton also prohibits any steel or reloads

H&K strictly prohibits steel and aluminum cases. A fine example at this link shows an H&K that went boom and would not be warrantied because the shooter was using steel case. http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/120014-hk45-steel-cased-russian-ammo-expensive-paper-weight.html

Sig Sauer lists reloads and any non-brass cased ammo as a loss of warranty

DPMS has a list of non-approved ammo
http://www.dpmsinc.com/Ammunitions-Warning_ep_59-1.html

Is that enough, or should I continue to post nearly every single major manufacturer of firearms and their warranty pages here?

I'd be willing to bet that most, if not all of you, don't know why Tula and Wolf run "dirty" when used. It doesn't run any different than any other ammo, except the Steel does not expand as well as brass, and doesn't seal the chamber as well. Therefore, some carbon/powder blowback goes around the case and makes it a leave more residue that requires more frequent cleaning. This is likely why in that ammo torture test on lucky gunner the rifle using Tulammo failed to complete the test.

The reason why most of these companies will not honor warranties knowing steel cased ammo was used is because there are simply not the controls and regulations enforced in Russia, or elsewhere outside of the US for that matter, that our stateside manufacturers have to follow. Some companies do it correct, like Privi and other quality makers from out of country. Now, you can argue that info any which way you like, it's simple fact. I pulled the info off their websites, or provided the pictures of the information that accompanies their products in packaging.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr