Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > TulAmmo Safe?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 12:36 AM   #61
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
I know of 5 people who I shoot with that have glocks. All it them have ran countless rounds of Tula with no problem at all. So if everyone's glock can eat it but yours what dose that tell you. It's not the ammo.

The only reason I stopped buying Tula is bc you can't reload it.
Either you aren't understanding what I type, your biased, or you are just trying to incite some inflamed response. What part of it worked 100% before and after the use an ammo that caused a 40% failure rate....regardless of who made it, Tula Speer Remington whatever. There are more than a few instances of people using Tula and reporting multitudes of issues that simply disappear when other ammo is used. It was be statistically nearly impossible for all those people to experience the same problem with the same ammo and all find the same fix of using a different ammo. I bought Tula. It failed to operate successfully in my weapon, which is in proper working order. I changed to a higher quality brand named ammo (and in this case some of the cheaper aluminum as well) and it worked flawlessly as it still does to this day. There is no question to the fact that the ammo was the problem.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 02-14-2013, 01:42 AM   #62
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 31 Times on 19 Posts

I used it in my 40S&W with no problems. However my Bersa didn't like it so well.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:13 AM   #63
mcb

Liked 68 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I've bought it on occasion. Picked up a bunch cheap at a show awhile back. Shoots fine in my Beretta but is a bit dirty. I normally avoid buying anything I can't reload. 9mm is my exception, if the price is right why not.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:00 AM   #64

Liked 117 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post
Either you aren't understanding what I type, your biased, or you are just trying to incite some inflamed response. What part of it worked 100% before and after the use an ammo that caused a 40% failure rate....regardless of who made it, Tula Speer Remington whatever. There are more than a few instances of people using Tula and reporting multitudes of issues that simply disappear when other ammo is used. It was be statistically nearly impossible for all those people to experience the same problem with the same ammo and all find the same fix of using a different ammo. I bought Tula. It failed to operate successfully in my weapon, which is in proper working order. I changed to a higher quality brand named ammo (and in this case some of the cheaper aluminum as well) and it worked flawlessly as it still does to this day. There is no question to the fact that the ammo was the problem.
Cool down man.

Some guns just dont like tula. My CZ's, Sig, and my old Ruger have/had no problem with it. Then again a friend who was shooting out of the SAME box as I was had multiple failures in his glock. Im not beating on glocks or anything but they may just be alittle more picky on the ammo than some other guns.

Old 02-14-2013, 10:00 AM   #65

Liked 84 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbomar4 View Post

Cool down man.

Some guns just dont like tula. My CZ's, Sig, and my old Ruger have/had no problem with it. Then again a friend who was shooting out of the SAME box as I was had multiple failures in his glock. Im not beating on glocks or anything but they may just be alittle more picky on the ammo than some other guns.
I agree never had an issue with my 226 or my AR but the Bersa 85 had real issues with ammo and was extremely picky.

Old 02-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #66
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbomar4 View Post
Cool down man.

I'm perfectly calm. The one responding to me repeatedly insisted that my handguns are in some way defective when it was no less than obvious given the info I provided that the Ammo was the sole cause of the failure. The OP asking the question is it safe. I answered with my experience that it is "unreliable" at best causing a massive failure rate of 45%.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 02-14-2013, 05:00 PM   #67

Liked 2176 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
I'm perfectly calm. The one responding to me repeatedly insisted that my handguns are in some way defective when it was no less than obvious given the info I provided that the Ammo was the sole cause of the failure. The OP asking the question is it safe. I answered with my experience that it is "unreliable"
Quote:
at best causing a massive failure rate of 45%
45% failure rate on Tula ammo?
Bullshet------------------------

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 02-14-2013, 05:31 PM   #68

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post

45% failure rate on Tula ammo?
Bullshet------------------------
Between my Mosin and my milspec, I've run about 1500 rounds. Not a single malfunction of any type.

Old 02-14-2013, 05:45 PM   #69

Liked 80 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
I'm perfectly calm. The one responding to me repeatedly insisted that my handguns are in some way defective when it was no less than obvious given the info I provided that the Ammo was the sole cause of the failure. The OP asking the question is it safe. I answered with my experience that it is "unreliable" at best causing a massive failure rate of 45%.
I assume you mean 45% failure rate for Tula in your handgun?

Old 02-14-2013, 06:13 PM   #70

Liked 2176 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Between my Mosin and my milspec, I've run about 1500 rounds. Not a single malfunction of any type.
Same here in my RIA 9mm after maybe 1,000 rds-
Thats about all i shoot right now with the ammo crunch 'n all---
I ain't scart

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Gatoragn Likes This