Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > TulAmmo Safe?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 11:38 PM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 284 Times on 246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post

If you don't wont to shoot it bc it's dirty that's one thing. I just hate when someone's gun brakes or won't run it they blame the ammo.

Say we are at the range both running Tula. After 100 rounds your bolt cracks or something. And I'm on round 650 with no problem. Don't blame the ammo blame the fact that your $50 BCG is not as good as my S&W M&P BCG.
Oh no, I never blamed the ammo for parts breaking, that's ridiculous! Lol

Old 02-13-2013, 12:05 AM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 412 Times on 249 Posts
Likes Given: 131

I shoot it out of a 380 and a 9mm. Does okay, nothing to write home about.

You don't have to remember the truth
NRA Member

Old 02-13-2013, 02:04 AM   #53
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
Great minds really do think alike!
I'm not even gonna go there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus
Pinpoint accuracy?? 100 percent reliability??

Bro, ya aint agonna get that with WWB, UMC, American Eagle either.

And why would you need it in ammo that's gonna be used on the range, mostly for things like 7 yard rapid fire????

If ya want pinpoint, get WW, Rem, Fed, etc Premium, or Hornady Steel Match. (and cut your range time by 75 percent.)
My Glock had 100% reliability until I fired Tula. At that point, it failed to extract, failed to load, failed to fire. So yes, it was 100%. During operation with Tula is was less than 50%. After trashing the Tula and going back to decent ammo, it has returned to 100%. I get 100% from even Blazer aluminum case in said Glock. So yes, I can infer that it was the ammo. I also fired it through my Kimber 1911. My Kimber would experience a FTE or FTF about 4% of the time. With the Tula, it was 40%. After trashing the Tula, it returned to 4%. So yes, with a second weapon I can also infer the ammo was inferior. Real life tangible proof is what I need to know if something works or not. I will say, that I did run 30 rounds through my AR and had no issues. At that point, I decided to avoid further use to maintain my warranty. I cannot say that it would or would not perform in said platform, I can only say that it performed at or above expectations for 30 rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15
If you don't wont to shoot it bc it's dirty that's one thing. I just hate when someone's gun brakes or won't run it they blame the ammo.

Say we are at the range both running Tula. After 100 rounds your bolt cracks or something. And I'm on round 650 with no problem. Don't blame the ammo blame the fact that your $50 BCG is not as good as my S&W M&P BCG.
I don't blame anyone for anything that I don't see firsthand. Seeing in person allows me to judge the performance or action of any product or service. In this case, as I stated above, Tula failed to perform in approximately 66% of my on hand fired weapons on that day. That is far more than a statistical anomaly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8oldguy
I shoot it out of a 380 and a 9mm. Does okay, nothing to write home about.
To further understand this post, we'd need you to extrapolate a bit on that. Is it not worth writing home about due to action failures, or you just weren't impressed.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 02-13-2013, 02:24 AM   #54

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton

I'm not even gonna go there.

My Glock had 100% reliability until I fired Tula. At that point, it failed to extract, failed to load, failed to fire. So yes, it was 100%. During operation with Tula is was less than 50%. After trashing the Tula and going back to decent ammo, it has returned to 100%. I get 100% from even Blazer aluminum case in said Glock. So yes, I can infer that it was the ammo. I also fired it through my Kimber 1911. My Kimber would experience a FTE or FTF about 4% of the time. With the Tula, it was 40%. After trashing the Tula, it returned to 4%. So yes, with a second weapon I can also infer the ammo was inferior. Real life tangible proof is what I need to know if something works or not. I will say, that I did run 30 rounds through my AR and had no issues. At that point, I decided to avoid further use to maintain my warranty. I cannot say that it would or would not perform in said platform, I can only say that it performed at or above expectations for 30 rounds.

I don't blame anyone for anything that I don't see firsthand. Seeing in person allows me to judge the performance or action of any product or service. In this case, as I stated above, Tula failed to perform in approximately 66% of my on hand fired weapons on that day. That is far more than a statistical anomaly.

To further understand this post, we'd need you to extrapolate a bit on that. Is it not worth writing home about due to action failures, or you just weren't impressed.
Like I said if your gun can't run it something is not right. I have ran it in my G23 with no problems. Maybe you should have your glock looked at. Same with the kimber. Although kimbers look good they tend to have extractor tension problems from time to time.

Do you you know what causes a FTE?

Old 02-13-2013, 02:59 AM   #55
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Like I said if your gun can't run it something is not right. I have ran it in my G23 with no problems. Maybe you should have your glock looked at. Same with the kimber. Although kimbers look good they tend to have extractor tension problems from time to time.

Do you you know what causes a FTE?
I no longer own the Kimber due to the fact that I kept count of rounds fired and all failures. As I said, it typically had a failure rate of 4%. (this is why I got rid of it) During the use of Tula, that rate was 10 times higher. My Glock had never had a single solitary issue prior to the use of Tula. It has never since had an issue (some 800-1000 rounds have been fired since) thereafter. There was no problem with either gun that would cause a rate of failure that was 45%. After getting rid of the Tula the guns returned to their previous rates of failure. 0% and 4%, respectively. I can ascertain as such that the issue was the ammo, without question. Is it possible that the box of .45 ammo that I purchased was somehow defective? Sure, it could have been. Will I (or we for that matter) ever know? No, because it is long since gone. However, that instance was enough for me to make my decision that I would never run Tula again. As for others, as I say repeatedly around here, to each his own.

There are multiple causes of an FTE. A few possible contenders would be a worn extractor, a weak spring, dirty chamber and even a simple limp wristed action. (there are many more, that's just off the top of my head) However, given that after changing back to my typical brass rounds, or even Blazer aluminum, the problem ceased to exist....thus we can determine the problem was 100% the ammo.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 02-13-2013, 03:12 AM   #56

Liked 38 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:

I won't my guns to show respect to me. Eat whatever I feed them and not give me any lip about it. After all there are places in the world ware guns are starving. They should be happy there is food on the table.
I second that!

Old 02-13-2013, 03:14 AM   #57

Liked 38 Times on 28 Posts

My glock will eat it all day any day just like hornady rnds...well... its a glock;p

Old 02-13-2013, 12:01 PM   #58

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton

I no longer own the Kimber due to the fact that I kept count of rounds fired and all failures. As I said, it typically had a failure rate of 4%. (this is why I got rid of it) During the use of Tula, that rate was 10 times higher. My Glock had never had a single solitary issue prior to the use of Tula. It has never since had an issue (some 800-1000 rounds have been fired since) thereafter. There was no problem with either gun that would cause a rate of failure that was 45%. After getting rid of the Tula the guns returned to their previous rates of failure. 0% and 4%, respectively. I can ascertain as such that the issue was the ammo, without question. Is it possible that the box of .45 ammo that I purchased was somehow defective? Sure, it could have been. Will I (or we for that matter) ever know? No, because it is long since gone. However, that instance was enough for me to make my decision that I would never run Tula again. As for others, as I say repeatedly around here, to each his own.

There are multiple causes of an FTE. A few possible contenders would be a worn extractor, a weak spring, dirty chamber and even a simple limp wristed action. (there are many more, that's just off the top of my head) However, given that after changing back to my typical brass rounds, or even Blazer aluminum, the problem ceased to exist....thus we can determine the problem was 100% the ammo.
I know of 5 people who I shoot with that have glocks. All it them have ran countless rounds of Tula with no problem at all. So if everyone's glock can eat it but yours what dose that tell you. It's not the ammo.

The only reason I stopped buying Tula is bc you can't reload it.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:13 PM   #59

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Just my 2 cents, I work for WM and I give recomendations to customers based on what other customers tell me. The majority of people I talk to won't shoot Tula for variois reasons - FTF, FTE "dirty" etc.
Now, I have not shot Tula through my Glock, but that is mainly due to the fact that none of the local indoor ranges (3 in my area) will let you shoot anything with steel casing or cores.
Now in one of the other forums I am in the consensus is 80% for, 20% against using Tula in a Glock. That being said, I have heard of the same issues of failures from WWB and Federal red box. Just like anything else you can get bad batches that will have a higher failure rate than others.
As far as being dirty, this has also been said about WWB and Fed red box which I have shot both and not seen a major difference between the two. A range trip for me is between 150-300 rounds.
If it casing you are worried about, Tula does also have a brass cased round that comes from China I believe and can be found a some Walmarts. I am waiting for a member from the other forum to get me the bar code so that I can see if it is something that can be ordered.

"Just because I ain't sayin' it, don't mean I ain't thinking it"

Old 02-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #60

Liked 80 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Even hornady makes steel ammo. I keep hearing people say Tula is dirty. Who cares if it is dirty? If you clean your gun after every range trip why dose it matter. I'm going to go on and say it. If your gun can not run 500 rounds of "dirty ammo" without a malfunction then your gun is a pice of s***.
Hahaha. ^^^^^

I've shot 4,994 rds of Tula through one of my guns, so that puts me about 6 rds away from total failure. Saw it in an internet video. They can't put it on the internet if it isn't true. I kid, I kid.

I use the stuff when it's available. Never had any problems out of it in any of my guns. Maybe I'm just a lucky sumbit**

Last edited by luckyj; 02-13-2013 at 02:08 PM. Reason: grammar police