TulAmmo Safe? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > TulAmmo Safe?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 07:05 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 91 Times on 67 Posts

Never had any problems with it in any of my firearms I picked up 3 boxes of 40 S&W and 3 more of 380 ACP Tulammo at Wal-Mart.

These'll get shot though my SIG P238 next range trip.

forumrunner_20130212_150513.jpg

Old 02-12-2013, 07:16 PM   #42

Liked 287 Times on 249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartwatkins View Post
Come on guys.....
"it runs hard and dirty"....what does that even mean?

If any specific ammo was causing one of two things:
1 - malfunctions (and I was 100% sure that the malunction was specifically caused by said ammo)
2 - damage (and again - 100% sure that damage was a solely caused by said ammo)

Then and only then - would I cease to use that ammo.
Is TulAmmo a bit dirty? Sure but so is American made WWB ammo - neither is more or less dirty than the other.

Again, I have run literally thousands of rounds of this stuff through an AK - but besides that, I have also run it (though admittedly not as much or same round count) through my Ed Brown Kobra and my Dan Wesson Guardian.
I clean my guns each time I shoot - why would "dirty ammo" bother me? It doesn't.

It has never malfunctioned and never caused any damage.
I do know that there are some reports of others having these issues and if I ever have them, then my mind would change. But for now - I see nothing whatsoever wrong with TulAmmo.
I do not baby my guns. I bought them to shoot and I expect them to shoot anything that I run through them. Period.
Yup. If it were all that was available, which right now is very likely to happen, then I'd get it and shoot it with confidence. But if I had a choice, the single dollars worth of savings simply isn't worth putting dirty gunk in my gun.

I buy, when I can, Remington UMC only, in every caliber I have, aside from protection ammo.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:58 PM   #43
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdiver35 View Post
So I guess you also use only premium fuel, full synthetic oil and drink Dom Perignon?
To answer those, yes I use premium fuel as it is recommended in both my vehicles. Yes, they both also require synthetic oil. No, I don't drink Dom and I find it not to be a great drink, I've had it. It just has a famous name hence the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossfly
I have got to say that is the dumbest comparision i've ever heard here & i've heard dum doozies
I think it delivered the point quite well. Saying, although it would work, it's not going to deliver the best performance. You can live on dogfood, but it likely tastes like chit. You can shoot TulAmmo, but don't expect pinpoint accuracy or high percentage reliability

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincine
Purina People Chow (?).
You could call it that I reckon.

Now in my case, it has caused malfunctions in more than one firearm that didn't malfunction before, nor after when using other branded ammo. Thus, I can conclude that it is of inferior quality and causes results that are undesirable in my weapons. This is my opinion, which is what the OP asked for, opinions on it. Now, if you want to act like a Government agency and take the lowest bid for the most important parts, that is solely your choice. I choose to treat my stuff a little better than others. I mean, when many weapons come with a warning that basically states: "you will void your warranty by using products made by XXX manufacturer or products designed using XXX materials, I tend to pay at least partial attention. The fact is, no matter if it's a bad rap from the past, or a myth that became true, steel cased ammo is generally frowned upon by most major manufacturers for it's inferiority and thus they reserve the right to void your warranty if you so elect to shoot it. I gave it a shot (no pun intended) anyway, and it failed miserably for me so I no longer use it. Beyond that, I've talked to the local smith who does most of the outsource work for my range and he's had many, many occasions were he is called upon to remove seized steel casings from AR barrels. I'd rather not take the chance to save a couple bucks on ammo and do damage to my barrel or any other parts that right now especially, are extremely overpriced.

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 02-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #44

The analogy seemed sufficient to me. Edible but not quality. Pretty straight forward.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:14 PM   #45

Liked 2180 Times on 1471 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox
The analogy seemed sufficient to me. Edible but not quality. Pretty straight forward.
Great minds really do think alike!

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 02-12-2013, 10:19 PM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5736 Times on 3246 Posts
Likes Given: 5168

Pinpoint accuracy?? 100 percent reliability??

Bro, ya aint agonna get that with WWB, UMC, American Eagle either.

And why would you need it in ammo that's gonna be used on the range, mostly for things like 7 yard rapid fire????

If ya want pinpoint, get WW, Rem, Fed, etc Premium, or Hornady Steel Match. (and cut your range time by 75 percent.)

Winston Churchill

Old 02-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post

Great minds really do think alike!
Zing! Cuts deep Hoss.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:32 PM   #48

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Even hornady makes steel ammo. I keep hearing people say Tula is dirty. Who cares if it is dirty? If you clean your gun after every range trip why dose it matter. I'm going to go on and say it. If your gun can not run 500 rounds of "dirty ammo" without a malfunction then your gun is a pice of s***.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:37 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
Even hornady makes steel ammo. I keep hearing people say Tula is dirty. Who cares if it is dirty? If you clean your gun after every range trip why dose it matter. I'm going to go on and say it. If your gun can not run 500 rounds of "dirty ammo" without a malfunction then your gun is a pice of s***.
The cleaning is more tedious and requires more elbow grease. For some that matters little, for me it matters greatly. Having to dig into the extractor with a toothpick is absurd to me. I want to just spray it done wipe down, lube and call good. A wee brush work down the barrel and voila.

Dirty ammo leaves more build up in my experience and requires deeper cleaning, more attention to crevices. With my Remington I only have to go that far once a year or so.

But that's just my take. Shoot what you want and pay what you want. I'll do the same and be more than content.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:53 PM   #50

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox

The cleaning is more tedious and requires more elbow grease. For some that matters little, for me it matters greatly. Having to dig into the extractor with a toothpick is absurd to me. I want to just spray it done wipe down, lube and call good. A wee brush work down the barrel and voila.

Dirty ammo leaves more build up in my experience and requires deeper cleaning, more attention to crevices. With my Remington I only have to go that far once a year or so.

But that's just my take. Shoot what you want and pay what you want. I'll do the same and be more than content.
If you don't wont to shoot it bc it's dirty that's one thing. I just hate when someone's gun brakes or won't run it they blame the ammo.

Say we are at the range both running Tula. After 100 rounds your bolt cracks or something. And I'm on round 650 with no problem. Don't blame the ammo blame the fact that your $50 BCG is not as good as my S&W M&P BCG.