TulAmmo??? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > TulAmmo???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2012, 11:02 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 271 Times on 153 Posts
Likes Given: 193

I have shot tulammo before, although i don't have a problem with that brand, I prefer brass so it can be reloaded.

”The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.”
~James Earl Jones

Old 08-27-2012, 04:42 AM   #12

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire
I personally will not run steel cased or aluminum cased ammo thru any of my weapons. I know people use a lot of it without any problems but I don't like the idea of steel against steel and brass was chosen for a reason. Brass has a natural lubricity to it, it expands and seals very well, it is much softer then the surrounding material so it will not damage the weapon, it is also reloadable which is important to me as a reloader.
^^^^me too!

I have 3 grand in my rifle, I can afford the difference for brass ammo. I realize a large number of folks use it without incident, but I never will.

Fetep

Old 08-30-2012, 12:27 AM   #13

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default Never had a problem

I just went to the range today and shot 50 rounds of tulammo through my G23 with zero problems. I have used this ammo frequently and have had no issues. It runs dirty?? I dont care about that because i ballistol all my babies after every range trip. Plus, i havent noticed a difference with the dirty issue from this or any other ammo.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:39 PM   #14

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

I'm not worried about it in my firearms, because as mentioned, I clean after every trip to the range anyway, so even if it's cheap, dirty powder or the casing leaves metal in the moving parts, it all gets washed away anyway before it can do any real harm. I've shot just about every different kind of ammo available through my 92FS, and I do not see any abnormal wear on it anywhere. ...and it was a police issue weapon before I bought it, so it was used hard before I got it as well.

But what worries me is long term storage of the ammo. I like to keep a healthy amount of ammo around so I'm not "hand to mouth" on ammo. If I want to go to the range, I'll buy a few hundred rounds, put it away, and shoot some of the oldest ammo I have.

however, to save some money, I have bought the cheaper russian made ammo, but because of that, I've stopped my First in, first out of my ammo inventory, and will use up the steel stuff first.

Old 08-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #15

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Many 7.62x54R rounds have been around probably since before you were born^. They are steel cased and still shoot fine, although the primers are corrosive. Personally I shoot brass in all my hand guns, mainly because I reload, but I shoot whatever I can buy cheapest out of my Mosin.

Old 08-31-2012, 06:58 AM   #16

Liked 284 Times on 205 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I shoot brass out of my handguns. But the main long guns i shoot are my Ak and my .22, so i shoot cheap sh!t throught my Ak and .22s are cheap what ever you buy. Compared to centerfire rounds. But i just bought a Mosin a couple weeks ago and i can buy 20 rounds for $3.50 but its old surplus corrosive ammo. But a little windex down the barrel after shooting and it will be good as new. The ammo i bought for my Ak is brass but the primer is corrosive so the cleaning is nothing new to me for corrosive ammo. Its just real cheap to shoot and fun at the same time.