Trying to decide on ccw any help? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Trying to decide on ccw any help?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2011, 01:28 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Out of the bunch you listed, I'd go with the PCR.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:58 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by john8556 View Post
I am having a little trouble picking between a few handguns I have been looking at. Any info or insight you have would really help. I am somewhere between a CZ 75D compact regular or PCR model these have been my first choices so far really like the feel and cant find anything bad about them online. Second I have been looking hard at the beretta Px4 storm compact not the subcompact I like the regular compact this also fits like a glove. Third I looked at the Ruger SR9c i really like this one to. These of course are all 9mm that i have been researching. Any help or info yall can give me would be much appriciated. Thanks .

I'd look into the s&w SD9 or SD40, if you look on the Smith and Wesson site it comes with a home defense kit. Price goes from 499.99-599.99 of course you'd have to check with your state gun roster to see if their approved.

Just my 2 cents.

Home Invasion...I've got something for that!

Old 03-03-2011, 04:09 PM   #13

ruger sr9c

Old 03-03-2011, 04:30 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
I am having a little trouble picking between a few handguns I have been looking at. Any info or insight you have would really help. I am somewhere between a CZ 75D compact regular or PCR model these have been my first choices so far really like the feel and cant find anything bad about them online. Second I have been looking hard at the beretta Px4 storm compact not the subcompact I like the regular compact this also fits like a glove. Third I looked at the Ruger SR9c i really like this one to. These of course are all 9mm that i have been researching. Any help or info yall can give me would be much appriciated. Thanks .

Can't go wrong with CZ we own two both of which are the CZ75B. Advise your wife to go with something larger in caliber. I am partial to the Kahr P40 for small handed people (I am a woman. I can tell you from experience it wont hurt her to shoot it.) Beretta is weird about their safeties I tend to avoid them. Ruger is always nice, but not a nig fan of their polymers. they tend to be a little finicky. We have a good many come in for repair or modification. Nothing extreme, just slightly irritating. Do not get into S&W's SD line the only thing that company is capable of making correctly is their revolvers.

Not all of us are trophy hunters.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:26 AM   #15

Whatever I get my wife I have to make sure she can rack the slide its a little hard for her on lots of ones we tried she has some problems doing it. And she does not want a revolver.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:31 AM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Whatever I get my wife I have to make sure she can rack the slide its a little hard for her on lots of ones we tried she has some problems doing it. And she does not want a revolver.

Kahr might be a little tight then. Most Sig are SUPER easy to rack the slide on. Does she have arthritis or...?

Not all of us are trophy hunters.