Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Trying to conceal my PT111 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/trying-conceal-my-pt111-29666/)

PIMking 07-25-2010 06:22 AM

Trying to conceal my PT111

I have an IWB holster but I just can't seem to conceal it very well.

I'm 5'9 155lb now but I seem to have a nice bulge and dont feel comfortable walking around with it like that. People will know that I have a weapon and that isn't kosher with me.

PIMking 07-25-2010 06:23 AM

any ideas?

I will try to take pictures tomorrow.

Fleetman 07-25-2010 10:46 AM

My normal casual wear is a tee shirt over my 3" 1911 (or KT PF9/G27 dependent on my mood) with an unbuttoned shirt over that. It conceals my IWB nicely for me in that manner. Dressier occasions call for a LCP in a pocket holster.

spittinfire 07-25-2010 11:11 AM

Crossbreed supertuck. I don't know what holster you have but IMO, that is the best one out there. I'm 6' 180 so we're about the same build and I have no problems hiding it in a t shirt an shorts. If you're planning on wearing a tight fitting shirt you can forget it. My wife works at Eddie Bauer and I was wearing their large but started getting large long. They aren't too long where I'm wearing a dress but gives me an extra inch or so that really help.

Rick1967 07-25-2010 02:57 PM

You will need to go up a size on your shirts if they are not real loose. it also helps to wear shirts with a print. Solid colors do not hide bulges well. Dont waste your money on any thing by uncle mikes. Bianci makes a nice strong side outside the waistband holster for the glock 26. It also fits your gun. It runs about 60 bucks. Nicie rig. Worth every penny. It has a release lever you operate with your midlle finger.

Gojubrian 07-25-2010 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PIMking (Post 319997)
I have an IWB holster but I just can't seem to conceal it very well.

I'm 5'9 155lb now but I seem to have a nice bulge and dont feel comfortable walking around with it like that. People will know that I have a weapon and that isn't kosher with me.

The pt111 is a pretty small pistol. If you can't conceal it well you have issues. :D

Try an waistband pancake holster canted, try the supertuck, blackhawk check-six, high noon holsters,etc...there are lots of options.

PIMking 07-25-2010 08:45 PM

well I found the issue... Uncle mikes...

Gojubrian 07-25-2010 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PIMking (Post 320178)
well I found the issue... Uncle mikes...

Don't tell me you were trying to use one of those cheesy $15 iwb's? They are cheap and will ensure your gun falls out when you bend over.

Rules for carrying 1. Quality gun 2. Quality belt 3. Quality holster. You will regret any compromise of these three basics. I have!

PIMking 07-25-2010 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojubrian (Post 320198)
Don't tell me you were trying to use one of those cheesy $15 iwb's? They are cheap and will ensure your gun falls out when you bend over.

Rules for carrying 1. Quality gun 2. Quality belt 3. Quality holster. You will regret any compromise of these three basics. I have!

actually it's pretty tight in the holster. Just where the clip on the holster is pretty low so over half of the pistol is over the waist band.

I might actually make my own. I'm pretty good with stuff like that.

Byrdguy 07-25-2010 10:48 PM

Buy quality and only cry once.