Trijicon vs. Meprolight
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Trijicon vs. Meprolight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2009, 04:02 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Default Trijicon vs. Meprolight

Which do you prefer, and why?

I'm looking at a set of Trijicons for my Kimber. I'm leaning towards the Trijicons, because I can get them in 2 color, and they're $20 cheaper than the Meprolights, but carry the same warranty.

I like the idea of a yellow front sight against green rear dots. I don't even see that as an option with the Meprolights.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-04-2009, 03:32 AM   #2
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have Trijicon on four pistols and like them a lot, the show well in the daylight, low light and in the dark of night there are truly sweet. The first set I got was by accident, they came on a used pistol I purchased but since they go on any pistol I may carry at night or one I grab if I hear a bump in the night. My S&W M&P has Trijicon night sights it is my primary carry pistol, I have a light/laser combo on the pistol as well but all the same I expect the Trijicon nights will be the first line for defense for aquiring a traget in the dark. I've never used Meprolight so can't say anything about them.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:34 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

matt, 6/4/09

I have night sights from Meprolight, Trijicon and MMC/PT on a number of my guns. Meprolights seem to be the brightest and usually cheaper than Trijicon. I have had real problems with customer service from both Meprolight and MMC/PT in that they do not seem to answer any of their emails. Trijicon customer service has always been excellent. So in general I prefer Trijicons unless there is a big price difference between Trijicons and Meprolight, in which case I get the Mepro's and hope they work and I don't need any customer service support. Good luck.

best wishes- oldandslow

Old 06-22-2009, 06:10 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

bump !

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:02 PM   #5

I have Trijicon night sights on both of my kimbers and I am extremely pleased with there performance. Not much experience with Meprolight so I have nothing to say about them but I can say that Trijicon makes a quality product. Good luck