Trigger weight/pull on a CZ75

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Trigger weight/pull on a CZ75

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 04:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Trigger weight/pull on a CZ75

Hi guys,

just a quick question.
Does anybody know roughly how hight the trigger pull is in gramms on a standard CZ75 pre "B"?

How much does the trigger weight/pull affect hitting on target, if at all?

I know from the Glock 17 from a friend of mine, where the trigger is like out of the box, that it confuses the life out of me, when I pull the trigger and get to the point the shot should break, but nothing happens because the pull is extremly high (on ereason I don`t like Glock pistols very much).

Ken

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-26-2008, 04:39 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Well, I don't know what the weight is from the factory, so I would have to defer to one of the CZ guys for that.

As for the basic trigger question - a tuned trigger is damn near a must for good shooting. If you have a really long trigger pull, with lots of over travel ( after the round goes off, but before the trigger resets ) it will be difficult to shoot tight groups, especially with your follow up shots.

Ideally, for most of the people we tune "street" of "carry" triggers for, you want a small amount of creep ( this is before the round goes off ) , then the trigger should break like a glass rod ( when the weapon goes bang ) with almost no over travel. This will allow for better overall shooting with practice.

Having a gunsmith tune your trigger for you is the safest bet, but it's not rocket science. Anyone with a little know how can tune a trigger, but it's really important that you dry fire and test both the safety and weapon quite a bit before taking it to the range and loading live ammo. You don't want any "accidental" discharges because you took too much off the trigger weight.

JD

Old 12-26-2008, 04:56 PM   #3

Hi,

thank`s for the quick answer.

I don`t have a clue, what it would cost here in germany to have the trigger worked on.
The shooting organisation I am in, will allow a minimum of 1360gramm trigger pull.

Taking a Glock 17 out of the box, that has, according to their website, a trigger pul of 2500 gramms. That makes 5.5lbs, roughly.
So going down just above the minimum permitted weight, that would roughly a 1000 gramms, that could be taken out.

Even if the work on the trigger is no rocket science, I owuld rather have done by a gunsmith...

If anybody knows roughly what the factory trigger pull on the CZ75 pre B is, please let me know.

Ken

Old 12-28-2011, 03:30 PM   #4

Sure you found out already if not I believe I read 12 pound da 4 pounds sa. If I'm wrong I apologize.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:40 PM   #5

Well I had the trigger done. Was a freebee.........and works just perfectly.
Reduced the weight to approx. 1100 gramms