Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Trigger weight/pull on a CZ75 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/trigger-weight-pull-cz75-9436/)

kdog 12-26-2008 04:22 PM

Trigger weight/pull on a CZ75

Hi guys,

just a quick question.
Does anybody know roughly how hight the trigger pull is in gramms on a standard CZ75 pre "B"?

How much does the trigger weight/pull affect hitting on target, if at all?

I know from the Glock 17 from a friend of mine, where the trigger is like out of the box, that it confuses the life out of me, when I pull the trigger and get to the point the shot should break, but nothing happens because the pull is extremly high (on ereason I don`t like Glock pistols very much).

Ken

Dillinger 12-26-2008 04:39 PM

Well, I don't know what the weight is from the factory, so I would have to defer to one of the CZ guys for that.

As for the basic trigger question - a tuned trigger is damn near a must for good shooting. If you have a really long trigger pull, with lots of over travel ( after the round goes off, but before the trigger resets ) it will be difficult to shoot tight groups, especially with your follow up shots.

Ideally, for most of the people we tune "street" of "carry" triggers for, you want a small amount of creep ( this is before the round goes off ) , then the trigger should break like a glass rod ( when the weapon goes bang ) with almost no over travel. This will allow for better overall shooting with practice.

Having a gunsmith tune your trigger for you is the safest bet, but it's not rocket science. Anyone with a little know how can tune a trigger, but it's really important that you dry fire and test both the safety and weapon quite a bit before taking it to the range and loading live ammo. You don't want any "accidental" discharges because you took too much off the trigger weight. :rolleyes:

JD

kdog 12-26-2008 04:56 PM

Hi,

thank`s for the quick answer.

I don`t have a clue, what it would cost here in germany to have the trigger worked on.
The shooting organisation I am in, will allow a minimum of 1360gramm trigger pull.

Taking a Glock 17 out of the box, that has, according to their website, a trigger pul of 2500 gramms. That makes 5.5lbs, roughly.
So going down just above the minimum permitted weight, that would roughly a 1000 gramms, that could be taken out.

Even if the work on the trigger is no rocket science, I owuld rather have done by a gunsmith...:D

If anybody knows roughly what the factory trigger pull on the CZ75 pre B is, please let me know.

Ken

illegalintentions 12-28-2011 03:30 PM

Sure you found out already if not I believe I read 12 pound da 4 pounds sa. If I'm wrong I apologize.

kdog 12-29-2011 01:40 PM

Well I had the trigger done. Was a freebee.........and works just perfectly.
Reduced the weight to approx. 1100 gramms