Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   trading online (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/trading-online-82106/)

niteglock 01-22-2013 05:06 AM

trading online

Hows the safest and best way to trade pistols with someone online? Were both using FFL's. I just want to make sure he ships his after recieving mine.

BeyondTheBox 01-22-2013 05:54 AM

It's hard man. I was recently attempting to do this but the guy stopped communicating right when I was about to ship my end so I stopped in my tracks and decided against. I say don't do it man, based on my experience, but, if you must, Guage it by the other parties communication. Have your FFL help by communicating with this other person's FFL. They can coordinate shipping. Just drop guns of with them and have them wait until they revive tracking info or ship confirm from other end.

dog2000tj 01-22-2013 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niteglock (Post 1104830)
Hows the safest and best way to trade pistols with someone online? Were both using FFL's. I just want to make sure he ships his after recieving mine.

I would see if the other guys FFL can confirm acceptance of the pistol. Otherwise I would not trade a firearms with a stranger on faith. :(

MoreAltitude 01-22-2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox
It's hard man. I was recently attempting to do this but the guy stopped communicating right when I was about to ship my end so I stopped in my tracks and decided against. I say don't do it man, based on my experience, but, if you must, Guage it by the other parties communication. Have your FFL help by communicating with this other person's FFL. They can coordinate shipping. Just drop guns of with them and have them wait until they revive tracking info or ship confirm from other end.

Yep, that's the ONLY way I'd do it..!

niteglock 01-22-2013 12:57 PM

Thanks guys. After he gives me his FFL guys info I will call the shop to see if he dropped of the gun to him and ask for tracking and ship confirm. I will do the same for him as well. I'm gonna be as nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs this whole time. Uhhh.

danf_fl 01-22-2013 02:30 PM

One option is to use a check as "good faith".
A check is written by one party (normally the one who started the deal). Send the check. Upon receipt, the firearm is sent to an FFL. After receipt of firearm. the other firearm is sent with the check back to originator.

drvsafe 01-22-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl
One option is to use a check as "good faith".
A check is written by one party (normally the one who started the deal). Send the check. Upon receipt, the firearm is sent to an FFL. After receipt of firearm. the other firearm is sent with the check back to originator.

That's interesting. I never heard of that.

HOSSFLY 01-22-2013 02:48 PM

I've done it a couple dozen times-
Only "problem" i've had was what i received was not exactly what was discribed or pictured (pics can be deceptive) but not enuff to raise hell about-
Maybe i've just been lucky---