Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > To trade or not to trade, that is the question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2010, 02:54 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 685 Times on 421 Posts
Likes Given: 1670

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Trade that rascal.
The big gun show is next weekend. I'll post pics of what I come away with, if I can find a reasonable taker.

Old 11-05-2010, 11:55 AM   #12

It's a shame they didn't have one with a six or four inch barrel. is it a Redhawk or Super Redhawk ? I know the supers are heavy as hell and that 9 inch barrel makes it dip down and hard to hold straight. Sell it, put it on consignment, something if your not gonna use it. I have no problem keeping certain guns because im more a collector than shooter. I do shoot about 3 times a year to keep sharp or if im absolutely dying to try out a specific gun. If your more the shooting type than the collecting type get rid of it. If you like it for what it is however keep it and get a Taurus Milenium in 40 S&W for carry or a Glock of some sort. The Milenium can be had with a stainless barrel and is relatively cheap, about $450. The Tennifer finish on glocks is rather impervious to sweat, {I have a sweating problem too. } and I don't like holsterwear. Had no problems ever with a Glock or stainless gun in that department. Like someone else said the Walthers are nice too. When all else fails go with a Taurus. They are the best deal out there for the money! If funds get better, then go for a Sig, HK, 1911, and such. Glocks arent too bad
about $560 for a compact size {Next size down from full}. Models 19,30, and like.

No Son of a Bitch ever won a War by Dying for His Country ! It's the Son of a Bitch who makes the Other Poor Bastard Die for His Country who Wins the War !

George S. Patton, General 3rd Army United States .

Old 11-05-2010, 12:12 PM   #13

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I have a Super Redhawk with the 9.5 bbl. Man I love that gun but no I don't shoot it as often as I used to.

If it's of no real use to you then you don't need it. My reason for keeping the one I have now was I had the older Redhawk with the 7.5" bbl. and missed it every day once it was gone (Traded it to a Para 45 ACP). I found the Super later and being I never needed to get rid of it I just kept it. I'm happy I did though it does take up a good bit of space.

If you need the green to get something you are going to use more then you got to do what you got to do though. They are selling pretty well these days.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 05-17-2011, 10:37 PM   #14

I would keep that big ass revolver but not if its affecting your shooting.... but i also have a trade that im unsure of. i have a jimeniz arms 380 auto with 3 clips that i can trade for a taurus model 83 .38 special stainless steel. Good trade or no trade idk...