To trade or not to trade?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > To trade or not to trade?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 02:25 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Default To trade or not to trade?

I'm debating on trading my M&P .40 for a compact of the same caliber. I originally wanted a compact. But I opted to get the full size because when I had the option to buy one, all they had was the full size. I like the full size, but I find myself looking at the compact from time to time. Plus I tried to conceal carry it the other day and didn't like how it felt.

I'm just looking for people's opinions and/or pros and cons. And maybe some persuasion to do so. Also maybe if it would be worth it, or if I would have to fork out money from others personal experience in trading guns.

Thank you for your input.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2783 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 1213

Why trade if you don't have to?
1. The full size has some advantages for some things like the compact has its advantages.
2. One can never have too many firearms.

My suggestion is to get the compact and keep the full size. Controls are similiar, chances are good that the compact will accept the full size mags (if needed).

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 12-27-2012, 12:46 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl
Why trade if you don't have to?
1. The full size has some advantages for some things like the compact has its advantages.
2. One can never have too many firearms.

My suggestion is to get the compact and keep the full size. Controls are similiar, chances are good that the compact will accept the full size mags (if needed).
Well I have this thing where I don't one multiple guns of one brand. I want to get a gun from each manufacturer before I do, and I have agreement with my wife that I will only buy a gun if she gives me the go ahead. So right now my option is to trade or wait till I can get a different compact. Which may be a year or so before I can...

Old 12-27-2012, 01:45 AM   #4

Liked 285 Times on 247 Posts

I'm compact only, so this would be easiest decision ever for me. Do it!!!!! Lol

Compact is more versatile. If you're really worried about having less rounds you can easily carry an additional mag.

Old 12-27-2012, 01:57 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 318 Times on 188 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Trading off you're liable to take a hit on the gun. Might be better off selling it outright. If you can afford to keep it and still buy the compact, do that. Full-size are more comfortable for range time.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by aandabooks
Trading off you're liable to take a hit on the gun. Might be better off selling it outright. If you can afford to keep it and still buy the compact, do that. Full-size are more comfortable for range time.
Yeah that was the thing that worried me about it. I had read a lot of different topics about trading, and they all said they took a hit when they did. Otherwise I probably would have done it already. Thanks