Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Trade my Glock (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/trade-my-glock-90536/)

OUDAN 05-12-2013 03:47 AM

Trade my Glock

I recently bought a Glock 26 I love the gun no issues with it at all other then the size. I know it's small but I recently held a XDS and the slimmed single stack is something I'd prefer at this point. If I have to fire that many times then I have a whole different issue. I don't want a .45 so the Xds is kinda out since the 9 mm won't be out for a while and will be overpriced. Does anyone have any suggestions of other smaller firearms. I do not want a revolver my wife has a Bodygaurd which is a solid choice I have thought about but I for some reason am partial to the 9mm. Anyways I'd love to hear all the suggestions

sputnik1988 05-12-2013 04:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
There's the Springfield EMP, it's a 1911, but built for carry, it's about as thin as you can get.

I've held a few, but never fired one. They feel good in the hand.

Available in 9mm and .40S&W

apwvsd40ve 05-12-2013 04:24 AM

S& W Shield..come s in 9 or .40....their are, however, illusive right now...so it may be some work finding one.

JW357 05-12-2013 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OUDAN
I recently bought a Glock 26 I love the gun no issues with it at all other then the size. I know it's small but I recently held a XDS and the slimmed single stack is something I'd prefer at this point. If I have to fire that many times then I have a whole different issue. I don't want a .45 so the Xds is kinda out since the 9 mm won't be out for a while and will be overpriced. Does anyone have any suggestions of other smaller firearms. I do not want a revolver my wife has a Bodygaurd which is a solid choice I have thought about but I for some reason am partial to the 9mm. Anyways I'd love to hear all the suggestions

+1 for the Shield. Less costly than he EMP. Although the EMP feels great in the hand.

Plus the Shield is tricker fired which is what you're used to.

Buckeyeborn 05-12-2013 05:14 AM

Kimber solo , para PDA

kiabe1 05-12-2013 03:17 PM

On a less pricey note id suggest the taurus 709 slim.nice gun especially for the price

ALfiremedic1 05-12-2013 03:39 PM

That would be a +3 for the M&P Shield. I own one in 40 S&W and I love the thing. If your lookin to trade quality on quality, go with the shield.

eborden1122 05-12-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckeyeborn (Post 1244186)
Kimber solo , para PDA

+2 for the Kimber SOLO, great for CC and extremely reliable. Take another look at the XDs, I know it is not a 9mm but I love mine and it is also great for CC. Plus it packs a heck of a punch so hopefully you wont need as many shots. Three more 9mm's I would recommend because I use them myself would be a Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II 3 inch barrel, Colt Defender and an H&K P2000SK. I have found all of these to be extremely reliable and easy to CC. Good luck with your search. Take care, Ed

OUDAN 05-13-2013 09:08 PM

Any thoughts on the little Berretta Nano or the PX Storm I believe is what it's called?

flybuddy 05-13-2013 09:18 PM

I own a Glock 30sf and recently got to shoot an XDS and i was very impressed. Sounds like you're looking for a smaller carry. Ruger LCP or KelTec in either .380 or 9mm are excellent carry weapons. Pocket type guns give more options to carry and access quicker.