Trade? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Trade?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2011, 06:53 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I love my taurus its a big boy 38 spl. I need ammo for it and wamart only had +P ammo witch i heard it is to strong for my guns barrel. Is this true?

Old 05-22-2011, 12:03 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flasaint727 View Post
I love my taurus its a big boy 38 spl. I need ammo for it and wamart only had +P ammo witch i heard it is to strong for my guns barrel. Is this true?

Plus P ammo won't blow up the gun if used in small doses but a steady diet of them will not be good for the weapon. Especially because you don't know how many times it been fired and with what kind of ammo.

As I posted in your other thread: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/new-taurus-42650/
The Model 82 is similar to the Model 80 but unlike the Model 80, it has a full-length bull barrel with a prominent top rib and is heavier than the Model 80 because it was strengthened to handle +P ammunition. Taurus specifically beefed up the 82 for use with +P ammo.

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!