Trade? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Trade?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2011, 02:01 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesinge2 View Post
So do it. Seriously Jimenez Arms are not only crap but dangerous:

My cousin knows that I am well versed in handguns and 3 or 4 years ago asked me to recommend a 9mm pistol that would be small enough for everyday carry, lightweight, and relatively inexpensive.

I recommended three types from the cheapest I would trust with increasing expense. The first was a Kel-tec PF-9 9mm for around $300, the second was a Taurus PT111 for between $350 and $400, and the last was a Glock 19 or 26 for around $500. He didn't want to spend more than $500.

The prices are from a local store in my area.

Two days later he said that I was totally wrong he got a 9mm for $140. He was bragging. I said "its a Jennings isn't it."

He said a "Bryco Model 59." I simply responded "same thing", and "have fun while it lasts".

Two weeks later he set me this image:

He said he took it shooting and after 18 rounds this happened.
I re-recommended the same three guns and said listen to me this time.

He did and now owns a Taurus Pt-111 and a Ruger SR9c.

What you should know is that the Jennings, Bryco, Jimenez, Raven, or whatever name are all the same "ring of fire" guns.

Here is some more info:

I always warn people to avoid them.
If you don't mention the above names to people looking to buy then they won't know of the potential problem

+100000000000000000!

While I was assistant manager of a gun store in Columbus, GA, I saw MANY of these Jennings/Bryco/Jimenez/Lorcin, etc pistols come in for repair.

I would say at least 75% of the pistols that came in for repair were one of those brands. That should tell ya something right there.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:32 AM   #12

wow thats crazy.It was a funky gun so easyto take apart. I shot the first time and it jammed haha and the slide is real close to my hand and ive got big hands. Its was to small for me had to trade it and get some stopping power so upgraded and trade for the Taurus Revolver .38 its not a model 83 tho its doesnt have the adjustable sights on it. It needs some tlc. I really like it tho im happy i traded !!

Old 05-18-2011, 02:43 AM   #13

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Make sure it runs good. you may need it if you run into dude again.

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Old 05-18-2011, 03:37 AM   #14

Its a nice peice im not going to lie the jimenez look like a toy you know.I can wait to shoot it. What ammo do you think is best for this gun?

Old 05-18-2011, 05:10 AM   #15

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKSlinger View Post
Make sure it runs good. you may need it if you run into dude again.
I wholeheartedly agree

Old 05-18-2011, 05:27 AM   #16

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I picked up some Rem. UMC 130 gr. MC that are soft recoil rounds for paper punching.
For packing? Maybe someone else has some advice. I don't carry a .38 special. Got any pics of your trade?

"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".

Old 05-18-2011, 06:43 AM   #17

The best "cheap" gun I can think of in that range is the High Point, I have read a bit about them and have a friend that swears by putting thousands of rounds down range in one, very ugly yes, kinda quirky about field stripping yes, but a decent cheap gun that you would be embarrassed to sell or give away..
For less than 500 or around that in the 9mm is the Argentine Browning HP, I have one tuned by Cylinder and Slide...the older gentlemen I purchased mine off of competed IDPA with it.... I paid 350... and I love the gun, you can get a good reliable weapon without giving away your inheritance...save that for gas you will need it lol.

Old 05-18-2011, 04:06 PM   #18

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I also have herd good things about the Argentinian High Power. Had one in stainless. Never got around to shooting it, but it looked put together fine. Gun Broker has one now at a good starting price.

Old 05-19-2011, 06:41 AM   #19

http://www.youtube.com/user/Buddymack917?feature=mhee#p/u/14/GZQId_W1QPc
I can hit minute of pie plate about 70 yards all day... they are a Browning without the cost and fully interchangeable.

Old 05-19-2011, 07:44 PM   #20

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Really good advice.