Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   tracers (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/tracers-90899/)

rob1990 05-19-2013 01:10 AM

tracers

9mm 40s&w or 45acp anyone know where to get them?

Bob Wright 05-19-2013 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob1990 (Post 1251007)
9mm 40s&w or 45acp anyone know where to get them?

I get a catalog from a place called Cheaper Than Dirt and they often have tracer ammo cataloged.

Bob Wright

boddah4 05-20-2013 04:27 PM

CTD (cheaper than dirt) are price gouging pieces is *&$#! Plus, their shipping prices are outrageous.

ZombieBrawler 05-20-2013 04:37 PM

Only time i was ever able to find tracers was online or in gun shows. Be prepared to lose your ass on them though. I bought a box of plain old 230gr .45's after i went to the range last week i forgot to bring my carry mag. And bought a box to carry with after, anywho it was $39!! For freggin magtech -.- tracers will own your wallet!

Only price perspective i can give you is well before the ammo SHTF i saw 30.06's in tracer that were 3.50/rd, a good Remington round was about 1.00 each.

c3shooter 05-20-2013 04:57 PM

(Ahem) A note from a man that has possibly set more military firing ranges on fire than anyone since Mikhail Kalashnikov-

A tracer bullet has a tail of very hot flame that extends out of the rear of the bullet during flight. This can be a foot or more in length. The bright color you see if flight is the flame.

If your bullet hits something prior to "tracer burnout" distance, the fire is still burning. Meaning put one into the woods in dry season, and Smokey D. Bear will come whack the crap out of you with his shovel.

THEN he will present you with the bill for the COST of putting out that forest fire. Yes, you are legally liable for the cost of putting out a fire you start.:eek::eek::eek:

Tracers are legal in MOST states, but not all- so check your state laws, exercise extreme caution when shooting.

BTW, my military ranges had a large firebreak plowed around the perimeter, so that when we lit one up, did not burn down the rest of Ft. Mildew. Does your shooting area have anything similar?

HOSSFLY 05-21-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 1252579)
(Ahem) A note from a man that has possibly set more military firing ranges on fire than anyone since Mikhail Kalashnikov-

A tracer bullet has a tail of very hot flame that extends out of the rear of the bullet during flight. This can be a foot or more in length. The bright color you see if flight is the flame.

If your bullet hits something prior to "tracer burnout" distance, the fire is still burning. Meaning put one into the woods in dry season, and Smokey D. Bear will come whack the crap out of you with his shovel.

THEN he will present you with the bill for the COST of putting out that forest fire. Yes, you are legally liable for the cost of putting out a fire you start.:eek::eek::eek:

Tracers are legal in MOST states, but not all- so check your state laws, exercise extreme caution when shooting.

BTW, my military ranges had a large firebreak plowed around the perimeter, so that when we lit one up, did not burn down the rest of Ft. Mildew. Does your shooting area have anything similar?

Bout it----
Nobody (civilians) NEEDS tracers :rolleyes:
Use the funds to get a new camo suit ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...etCommando.jpg

MisterMcCool 05-21-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

Nobody (civilians) NEEDS tracers

You don't need ten rounds to kill a deer either...

HOSSFLY 05-21-2013 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterMcCool (Post 1253027)
You don't need ten rounds to kill a deer either...

You don't need a 10" johnson to deflower a virgin----WHATS YOU POINT :confused:
Well except for showing off or causing problems?

MisterMcCool 05-21-2013 01:22 AM

To each his own

HOSSFLY 05-21-2013 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterMcCool (Post 1253081)
To each his own

Agree- Some have different or special needs ;)