Totally useless pistol that you want.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Totally useless pistol that you want.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1139 Times on 591 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default Totally useless pistol that you want.

Okay, we've talked about what handgun is best for . . . you name it, we've discussed it. But . . . what handgun do you want that you really have no practical use for, or that duplicative of what you already have?

In my case, it would probably be the AMT Automag II in .22 magnum I got a few months ago.

I can't say that any of my handgun needs would go unfulfilled if I didn't have this gun, but it's fun to shoot, and sorta interesting to have.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-03-2013, 12:36 PM   #2

Liked 1847 Times on 1031 Posts
Likes Given: 1219

I would like to have a 45-70 revolver. I have absolutely no use for one. But that just seems like a real man's gun to me. Then again, maybe I would hunt elk with it if I was able to shoot it accurately.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 10-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #3

Liked 208 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 289

I've always wanted one an automag, but not only would I not have much use for it outside of plinking, I have never even held ond , let alone shot one. So I don't know if I would even like it...but still want one awfully bad.

Old 10-03-2013, 12:50 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5686 Times on 2971 Posts
Likes Given: 377

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I would like to have a 45-70 revolver. I have absolutely no use for one. But that just seems like a real man's gun to me. Then again, maybe I would hunt elk with it if I was able to shoot it accurately.
Unless it has a 14" barrel its going to have the power level of a 44mag or less

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpossum View Post
Okay, we've talked about what handgun is best for . . . you name it, we've discussed it. But . . . what handgun do you want that you really have no practical use for, or that duplicative of what you already have?

In my case, it would probably be the AMT Automag II in .22 magnum I got a few months ago.

I can't say that any of my handgun needs would go unfulfilled if I didn't have this gun, but it's fun to shoot, and sorta interesting to have.
Top of my list is the automag3 in 30carbine!! Second would be a desert eagle in 357mag

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-03-2013, 12:52 PM   #5
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Pepper box

I don't need No stinking signature.

People Like This 
Old 10-03-2013, 12:53 PM   #6

Liked 2389 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

The BFR series of revolvers, and a Coogan 357.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 10-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #7

Liked 1983 Times on 1259 Posts
Likes Given: 1080

One I've always wanted is a Whitney Wolverene.
All's I need is that and a Buck Rodgers helmet, and I'm good to go.

whitney-wolverine-cal-22-01.jpg  

Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
You do the math.

People Like This 
Old 10-03-2013, 01:24 PM   #8

Liked 116 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Pretty much all of them. I already own more pistols than I can carry and pretty much have all the bases covered as far as EDC, home defense, hunting sidearm, etc. That doesn't prevent me from constantly wanting to buy more guns. As an example, I'd love to have a 629 but I can't imagine what I would do with one if I had it other than shoot it at the range. Lately I've been jonesing for a Browning Hi-power. Same thing. If I had one I might carry it from time to time but it's not like a really need another 9mm.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1614 Times on 1105 Posts
Likes Given: 567

I really want an S&W X frame. They are very accurate pistols. I like the 460 cartridge. But in this area a black bear is the most dangerous critter I will encounter. I already have 2 nice single action pistols that will kill a deer or black bear at distances further than I am confident to shoot the critter. Every time I go into Bass Pro Shops I see the X frame calling to me. So far, I have been able to borrow an X frame from a friend when I need a large caliber fix.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 10-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #10

Liked 516 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 112

Hi-Point. Why? Why do I want one?

I think it's morbid curiosity I can't shake and they're dirt cheap.

"For every problem there is always a solution that is simple, obvious, and wrong." - Mark Twain

People Like This