Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Totally useless pistol that you want. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/totally-useless-pistol-you-want-98086/)

txpossum 10-03-2013 12:23 PM

Totally useless pistol that you want.

Okay, we've talked about what handgun is best for . . . you name it, we've discussed it. But . . . what handgun do you want that you really have no practical use for, or that duplicative of what you already have?

In my case, it would probably be the AMT Automag II in .22 magnum I got a few months ago.

I can't say that any of my handgun needs would go unfulfilled if I didn't have this gun, but it's fun to shoot, and sorta interesting to have.

Rick1967 10-03-2013 12:36 PM

I would like to have a 45-70 revolver. I have absolutely no use for one. But that just seems like a real man's gun to me. Then again, maybe I would hunt elk with it if I was able to shoot it accurately.

CaseyChadwell 10-03-2013 12:37 PM

I've always wanted one an automag, but not only would I not have much use for it outside of plinking, I have never even held ond , let alone shot one. So I don't know if I would even like it...but still want one awfully bad.

JonM 10-03-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick1967 (Post 1391292)
I would like to have a 45-70 revolver. I have absolutely no use for one. But that just seems like a real man's gun to me. Then again, maybe I would hunt elk with it if I was able to shoot it accurately.

Unless it has a 14" barrel its going to have the power level of a 44mag or less

Quote:

Originally Posted by txpossum (Post 1391282)
Okay, we've talked about what handgun is best for . . . you name it, we've discussed it. But . . . what handgun do you want that you really have no practical use for, or that duplicative of what you already have?

In my case, it would probably be the AMT Automag II in .22 magnum I got a few months ago.

I can't say that any of my handgun needs would go unfulfilled if I didn't have this gun, but it's fun to shoot, and sorta interesting to have.

Top of my list is the automag3 in 30carbine!! Second would be a desert eagle in 357mag

mountainman13 10-03-2013 12:52 PM

Pepper box

kytowboater 10-03-2013 12:53 PM

The BFR series of revolvers, and a Coogan 357.

boatme98 10-03-2013 01:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One I've always wanted is a Whitney Wolverene.
All's I need is that and a Buck Rodgers helmet, and I'm good to go. :)

blackxpress 10-03-2013 01:24 PM

Pretty much all of them. I already own more pistols than I can carry and pretty much have all the bases covered as far as EDC, home defense, hunting sidearm, etc. That doesn't prevent me from constantly wanting to buy more guns. As an example, I'd love to have a 629 but I can't imagine what I would do with one if I had it other than shoot it at the range. Lately I've been jonesing for a Browning Hi-power. Same thing. If I had one I might carry it from time to time but it's not like a really need another 9mm.

John_Deer 10-03-2013 02:13 PM

I really want an S&W X frame. They are very accurate pistols. I like the 460 cartridge. But in this area a black bear is the most dangerous critter I will encounter. I already have 2 nice single action pistols that will kill a deer or black bear at distances further than I am confident to shoot the critter. Every time I go into Bass Pro Shops I see the X frame calling to me. So far, I have been able to borrow an X frame from a friend when I need a large caliber fix.

CrazedJava 10-03-2013 03:09 PM

Hi-Point. Why? Why do I want one?

I think it's morbid curiosity I can't shake and they're dirt cheap.