Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Top 9mm's for under 500.00

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2012, 01:00 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

Arnie will get ya for that
Hahahaha oh im sure im more was than one he already has

Old 01-19-2012, 01:05 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

Understand the tax (8.25% in Tx) but wat is the $ 25.00 - DOJ DROS Fees
Our lovely state of California DOJ department of justice charges the 25 for a background checks and what ever they want anymore

Old 01-19-2012, 01:26 AM   #43
AJP

I have to say CZ 75 price might be higher then 500 now but I got mine for 350 sometime ago can't beat the CZ accuracy and overall balance.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:46 AM   #44
Joe

Any one have any comments on the Ruger LC 9? Good or bad.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:08 AM   #45

Joe,

My wife got an LC9 for Christmas and a trip to the range showed 100% reliability. Federal FMJ's and Corbon SD rounds fed perfectly. (We shot approx. 200 rounds total).
The trigger is good, but not quite as good as a Kahr. I believe it will smooth out with time. Pre-staging the trigger works the best for me. The only problem so far is the front sight won't stay put. We had it reset and within 50 rounds or so it was walking to the right of the slide. It's at the gunsmith now so as soon as its get back we'll try again. This is the only negative happening with this firearm. Otherwise, very good overall and my wife loves it.

Stay Sharp!

Considering the consequences is never wasted time.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #46

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclesugg View Post
I would agree but also like the lc9 and kel tec pf9 caught my eye but haven't herd good or bad about the keltec I know experience has shown me sigs sp2022 and rugers lc9 are an awesome pistol

I own and carry a PF 9 daily. It has been 100% reliable, but is DA only which is why I didn't mention it. Of course if you have $500 to spend, you could get two PF9s. (I wouldn't mind having another).

Old 01-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leathermarshmallow

I own and carry a PF 9 daily. It has been 100% reliable, but is DA only which is why I didn't mention it. Of course if you have $500 to spend, you could get two PF9s. (I wouldn't mind having another).
Ya no kidding how is it shot wise and trigger at 5 lbs I wouldn't imagine to be a bad thing lol

Old 01-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #48

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

I relied on my wife's research when buying my first pistol. I didn't know anything about pistols & hadn't even shot my revolvers in 20+ years, but I wanted a pistol for concealed carry.

I only used computers at work. She researched for her pistol on the 'net & at local gun stores & decided on a Bersa Thunder .380. Trusting her decision on brand, I bought a Bersa Firestorm Mini .40 (same as their Thunder, just some cosmetic differences) & have never regretted it.

Course, they & 1911s are addictive & she has wondered what she got started!

Old 01-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #49

Default Low priced 9mm

For my money you can't beat a Bersa Thunder 9 Pro Compact. Always reliable!

Old 01-19-2012, 10:39 PM   #50

I have a full size 9MM S&W but found it too large as a carry weapon - especially during the summer. I ended up purchasing a Ruger LC9 and love it. Fits nicely in my cargo pant front pocket, doesn't irritate me while driving and leaving in my pocket, almost a "point-n-shoot" from 7 yards distance and was the right price, under $400. I've never had a feed problem with about 1k rounds. I also like the extended magazine for those of us with large hands.

The long trigger pull takes some getting used to as compared to the modified 5 lb pull on my full size.

Last edited by dekern; 01-19-2012 at 10:46 PM.