Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Top 10 Ridiculously Huge Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/top-10-ridiculously-huge-handguns-26296/)

DrumJunkie 04-21-2010 02:39 AM

Top 10 Ridiculously Huge Handguns

Top 10 Ridiculously Huge Handguns

The one at the bottom of the page is nuts!:eek:

General-Logic 04-21-2010 02:42 AM

I like them all!

GeauxTigersGuy 04-21-2010 03:34 AM

This is a 5-star thread. And, that is by far the coolest top-10 ever compiled. :D

gorknoids 04-21-2010 04:25 AM

Damn.....I've only shot 30% of them.

Gojubrian 04-21-2010 04:33 AM

Ok.....WOW!!!!!

RedWineKline 04-21-2010 05:39 AM

How could anyone consider that 28mm worthless haha

gorknoids 04-21-2010 05:51 AM

It should be poking out of the radome of an A-10 Warthog.

sleevespade 04-21-2010 05:59 AM

Almost embarrassed to admit that I own and rely upon one of those guns, the Smith & Wesson Model 29. Have had it for more then three decades and occasionally bring it out for exercise when I feel like my bell needs ringing. The original walnut furniture is beautiful, but I replaced the grips with some butt-ugly Pachymyer rubber to save my hands (the discharge tends to impart semi-permanent checkering to one's palms). In its defense, the revolver is well-made, accurate, reliable, don't-f**k-with-me intimidating and resides in my home, loaded with Hornady's best .44 magnum hollow points, hidden but handy as a personal defense weapon.

Thanks for a fun posting.

DrumJunkie 04-21-2010 08:11 AM

Man..I think that 44 would look a little small if you size it up with the 28mm...And that's a little skeery :eek: It's a shame really that a 44 is so fun to shoot yet it does tend to wear the shooter down after a few cylinders :) But again that's maybe what makes it so dang fun..heh

spittinfire 04-21-2010 12:11 PM

What a freaking idiot!!!

"Leave it to the hunters to begin making a series of firearms to dwarf anything else on the U.S. production schedule. These moose killing, beer drinking, moonshine stilling, happy-go-lucky animal hunters needed a revolver that would penetrate dense brush, foliage, even small trees, and still bring down a grizzly bear. A 5-shot-wonder, the 460XVR, as its name suggests, will compensate for the hunter’s package size and allow a brief moment of glory in the field comparable only to dropping an atomic bomb."

I like this one too.

Read the piece about the 460XVR and imagine adding .04 calibers to the diameter of the round

Does anyone remember learning about the caliber as a unit of measure?

Another instance of a person who knows absolutely nothing about firearms ranting about how worthless they are. Outside of the .50 DE, I could find a use for all of those weapons. Hey, everyone needs an anti tank round right? :D