Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Took my first defensive handgun class.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2013, 12:15 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts

Default Took my first defensive handgun class.

Was in MT this past week visiting family. My brother in law owns and runs a tactical shooting school. My wife asked him when his next beginning handgun class was. He said he'd set it up for us on Friday, I was shocked she asked. Her SIL was murdered 20 years ago and hasn't wanted anything to do firearms. She really enjoyed it and told me to buy her a handgun. I've been shooting for 40 years and he helped me correct some of my bad habit.

Bob

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-15-2013, 12:47 AM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Good for you. Get all the training you and your wife want/can. Take care and good luck.

HOTTY TODDY!!!!

Old 06-15-2013, 12:58 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3720 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by unioncreek
Was in MT this past week visiting family. My brother in law owns and runs a tactical shooting school. My wife asked him when his next beginning handgun class was. He said he'd set it up for us on Friday, I was shocked she asked. Her SIL was murdered 20 years ago and hasn't wanted anything to do firearms. She really enjoyed it and told me to buy her a handgun. I've been shooting for 40 years and he helped me correct some of my bad habit.

Bob
Sounds fun. Good stuff.

Always have clean socks.

Old 06-15-2013, 02:30 AM   #4

Liked 28 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Anytime you can share an intrest with your spouse, it makes it more enjoyable. Makes it easier to go buy a new gun also. Some how I managed to take a woman who absolutely hated guns when we met, and change her into a woman who points out guns she wants me to by her. The problem is when you buy guns for resale, and she gives you the look that means she has already decided that gun is going in her safe. I've lost out on a fair amount of profit over the years because she confiscated a CZ 75 Tactical Sport, a Beretta 96, a Grendel P-12, a S&W mod 36, and a NAA Minni .22.

Jim Richards
Minnesota Based Field Man for Alkali International Corp.

Old 06-15-2013, 03:25 AM   #5

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts

I'm lucky my BIL owns the tactical school. We shot his Lapua 338 Mag at 1500 yards, first time I've shot a target at that distance. We're going to a shooting range on Sunday for herto try out some pistols. As soon as she finds one she likes ill buy it.

Bob