Too hot to handle, really. - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Too hot to handle, really.


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2011, 09:45 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
OC357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 487
Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Default

I love heating up a magmum in the morning....

OC
__________________
"magbum"
OC357 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:59 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,698
Liked 2615 Times on 1486 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Default

Yeah, I've found my barrels heat up.

I just never gave it much thought,

or went out of my way to touch them.
therewolf is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:26 AM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Vincine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Adirondack Mts.
Posts: 3,495
Liked 1912 Times on 990 Posts
Likes Given: 1456

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
As jpattersonnh said, an AK is not an smg, it is an assult rifle. the difference between a smg, machine gun, and assult rifle is that a smg fires pistol rounds, an assult rifle fires rifle rounds from a magazine, and a machine gun fires large (like .50 bmg) rounds that are fed into the reciever with a belt.
Thanks to all of you for the lessons . . I think.

Although Iím glad for the enlightenment, frankly I find it a little depressing that the technology has 'advanced' to the point that these differences exist. Yeah, manís inhumanity to man is old news, and blah, blah, blah, blah.

Even though these guns are lightweight stuff comparability speaking, nonetheless I am a little despondent that I even think of the question(s).

Sheesh.
__________________
"Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but it's boring and I go back to being me."
"You might as well be yourself, people wonít like you anyway."
"Tres verbo dictom"
Vincine is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:29 AM   #24
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 25,599
Liked 8940 Times on 5347 Posts
Likes Given: 11942

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
Thanks to all of you for the lessons . . I think.

Although Iím glad for the enlightenment, frankly I find it a little depressing that the technology has 'advanced' to the point that these differences exist. Yeah, manís inhumanity to man is old news, and blah, blah, blah, blah.

Even though these guns are lightweight stuff comparability speaking, nonetheless I am a little despondent that I even think of the question(s).

Sheesh.

Vincine, thanks for asking these questions. I like reading the answers and learning. I was all excited when I learned the difference between a machine gun and a submachine gun. Now I know another classification of weapons. It wasn't too long ago I thought guns were.............guns.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:05 AM   #25
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
Thanks to all of you for the lessons . . I think.

Although Iím glad for the enlightenment, frankly I find it a little depressing that the technology has 'advanced' to the point that these differences exist. Yeah, manís inhumanity to man is old news, and blah, blah, blah, blah.

Even though these guns are lightweight stuff comparability speaking, nonetheless I am a little despondent that I even think of the question(s).

Sheesh.
Sorry, didn't mean to make you feel bad about not knowing this. This is something that I just learned in the last few weeks. Those are just the technical "definitions" of the guns. As far as I am concerned, If it goes bang, I'm happy.

I think it's good that you ask questions like that. I do too and I'm pretty sure many of the other members do too. After all, if you don't ask the question, how will you learn?
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:54 AM   #26
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 25,599
Liked 8940 Times on 5347 Posts
Likes Given: 11942

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Sorry, didn't mean to make you feel bad about not knowing this. This is something that I just learned in the last few weeks. Those are just the technical "definitions" of the guns. As far as I am concerned, If it goes bang, I'm happy.

I think it's good that you ask questions like that. I do too and I'm pretty sure many of the other members do too. After all, if you don't ask the question, how will you learn?
I agree here. I ask a lot of questions but I can't think of them all by myself.
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:12 PM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Vincine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Adirondack Mts.
Posts: 3,495
Liked 1912 Times on 990 Posts
Likes Given: 1456

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Sorry, didn't mean to make you feel bad about not knowing this.
I fear I’ve been misunderstood. I wasn’t sad about not knowing ‘this’. I was despondent that ‘this’ even exists to know. Weapons fall into the ‘necessary evil’ category for me.
__________________
"Sometimes I pretend to be normal, but it's boring and I go back to being me."
"You might as well be yourself, people wonít like you anyway."
"Tres verbo dictom"

Last edited by Vincine; 08-01-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Vincine is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 04:57 PM   #28
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
I fear I’ve been misunderstood. I wasn’t sad about not knowing ‘this’. I was despondent that ‘this’ even exists to know. Weapons fall into the ‘necessary evil’ category for me.
Yeah, nobody likes war or having to defend themselves but it's something we all have to live with.
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:24 PM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Celina,Ohio
Posts: 177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Vincine, thanks for asking these questions. I like reading the answers and learning. I was all excited when I learned the difference between a machine gun and a submachine gun. Now I know another classification of weapons. It wasn't too long ago I thought guns were.............guns.
I agree that asking these questions is good. I am glad that here on these forums people are nice and don't make you feel stupid. Some forums are less so in that area.
__________________
Libertarian Party Member
ar15.com expatriot
Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
If the Mafia were bigger, IT would be the government.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
The reason illegal aliens are doing jobs Americans won't is that it pays too damn well to do nothing.
SoupNazi is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:26 PM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Celina,Ohio
Posts: 177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
I fear Iíve been misunderstood. I wasnít sad about not knowing Ďthisí. I was despondent that Ďthisí even exists to know. Weapons fall into the Ďnecessary evilí category for me.
Oh For me this isn't about fighting or killing. I punch paper. I would if I had to, but I don't have to so I don't.
__________________
Libertarian Party Member
ar15.com expatriot
Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
If the Mafia were bigger, IT would be the government.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
The reason illegal aliens are doing jobs Americans won't is that it pays too damn well to do nothing.
SoupNazi is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
What does your handle mean? iloveguns The Club House 79 03-17-2013 10:18 AM
Best charging handle for 10/22 ? FrankyG .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 2 04-17-2011 03:52 PM
Never gun someone more gun then they can handle opaww The Club House 5 12-27-2009 01:31 AM
Carry handle? sbninja AR-15 Discussion 7 02-05-2008 07:58 PM
Ar-15 charging handle ARnoob AR-15 Discussion 4 01-12-2008 09:49 PM



Newest Threads