Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Tokarev TT-33 Pistol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2011, 01:48 PM   #41
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Looks sweet, and in really good condition, too. What swayed your decision to add a compensator?
I just liked the looks. It does help keep the muzzle rise down too...

Old 01-25-2011, 03:34 PM   #42

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Default Very nice Tok

There are alot of bodies in mass graves in Russia that will prove the power and reliability of the tok and the 7.62x25 ....Really the ''first" magnum.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:00 AM   #43
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I think it could easily qualify for the first Magnum.

For it's age, it really "packs a wallop". However the most impressive part is... it's almost as cheap to shoot as a .22 long rifle. I have gotten ammo as cheap as 6 cents a round, and the most I have ever paid is 10 cents a round. And last but no least... I've never had an FTF or FTE.

I have had my Tokarev for about 30 years now, and I've easily shot 10,000 rounds through it. The Tok is a Timex, it just keeps on going bang.

Last edited by Mark F; 01-26-2011 at 11:12 AM.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:36 PM   #44

Default Tokarev TT33

I own on of these guns. A 7.62 X25. It shoot like a dream. The rounds are cheap if you get them in the right places. I pay 21 dollars a box from a ammo dealer. But, I went to a gun show this week end and found a bunch of that surplus ammo and paid 10 cents a round for loose ammo. I went straight to the range to check out the ammo and it NEVER miss fired once. About a 3 foot ball of flame comes from the surplus ammo so, if your trying to hide your position, I don't know why you would, but, if you are, then you want the 21 dollar new ammo. It is made with different primers and powder. The answer to your questions are this. The gun is a good one. Watch out for the Romanian model. I got the one that is/was made in Yugoslavia. They seem to be the best. It is not uncommon to find these guns unfired or virtually unfired. They are a cold war relic and many were issued but not really fired. The soldiers may have had to qualify with them, I don't know that for sure, but after that they were not fired. I got one that had the sh-t fired out of it and it works great. I love this gun. It also has the only bullets I've seen spark when they hit a hard object.

Last edited by bullseyety; 03-22-2011 at 06:38 PM. Reason: miss spelling