Tokarev TT-33 Pistol - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Tokarev TT-33 Pistol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2009, 06:38 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Mark F, Im a fellow Texan, and am wondering where around here you can find replacment grips for thetokarev that are affordable. I am going to order one from J&G sales, but have been told that even though it is a good pistol, they jam alot. Is this probally his pistol or a charector flaw for these weapons. Ethier way, I'm getting one to add to my collection, so thanks for the info.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:43 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
Alright I got a question on the grips. Are they "press-fitted" on or something? I can't see from your picture, Mark F, where the screws/rivets may be.

I'm not too familiar with the Tokarev design so I'm just curious. If I get a Tokarev the first thing that will go will be the commie grips for something different and possibly more ergonomic.
The original factory grips have pivoting clips riveted to the inside of each panel. One side has a notched arm sticking down, so you can turn it by sticking a screwdriver up into the magazine well and pushing. Once that side is off, you can reach the clip for the other side.

The pictures are of a Norinco (Chinese) commercial version of the 'Tokagypt.' Tokagypts were 9mm Tokarevs that were made by Hungary for the Egyptian Army, turned down by them, and carried by Egyptian police instead for years. Note the very ergonomic, comfortable grips. They fit any Tokarev, and are readily available (or used to be, anyway). I highly recommend them to anyone who buys a Tok.

What looks like a screw head in the center of each star is actually the head of the rivet holding the clip. And that's an Egyptian Tokagypt-style holster, brand new when I got it. It's broken in a little now.

edit: I've never had a jam with my Tok, by the way....I did have a magazine fall apart when I went brain-dead, miscounted and tried to jam one round too many into it.

Last edited by troy2000; 09-18-2009 at 11:16 PM.

Old 02-05-2010, 04:41 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy2000 View Post
comfortable grips. They fit any Tokarev, and are readily available (or used to be, anyway). I highly recommend them to anyone who buys a Tok.
Hi i am new to the TT33 and was wondering if anyone has come across:

1/ after market grips?

2/ can any one recommend a holster for it?

many thanks
nagarifle

Old 02-05-2010, 11:39 AM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm your huckleberry View Post
Mark F, Im a fellow Texan, and am wondering where around here you can find replacment grips for thetokarev that are affordable. I am going to order one from J&G sales, but have been told that even though it is a good pistol, they jam alot. Is this probally his pistol or a charector flaw for these weapons. Ethier way, I'm getting one to add to my collection, so thanks for the info.
I've never had a jam in my Tokarev even after close to 10,000 rounds. I bought my Tok in 1985. It's a faithful piece.

Old 02-06-2010, 08:21 AM   #35

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Fun Mil-surp gun, I especially like the 7.62x25 round it shoots, High Velocity, abundant surplus ammo. Trigger isnt the greatest but you cant expect the hair trigger of a tricked 1911 out of a Old military gun...

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
Jimi Hendrix

Old 02-07-2010, 12:25 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

If you are willing, you can do your own trigger job on it. The Tok is easy to work on. It will never be a high-level competition 1911... but it will obliterate whatever you aim at.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:29 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarifle View Post
Hi i am new to the TT33 and was wondering if anyone has come across:

1/ after market grips?

2/ can any one recommend a holster for it?

many thanks
nagarifle

CUSTOM TOKAREV GRIPS: http://www.marschalgrips.com/tt33wr/tt33wr.htm

Old 02-08-2010, 01:18 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
thankyou for the link, really neat.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:19 AM   #39

Good evening,...yes, I too had difficulty acquiring an appropriate holster for it. Even more difficult because I am left handed. But with a little modification by applying 3 in 1 oil to the wrap around leather snap strip the holster worked VERY well. The make of Holster I bought and use is a BIANCHI 7/7L KAHR K9 0708. It is a great holster for it. I am now looking for modified wrap around pistol grips. Good Luck and happy hunting.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:24 AM   #40

Good evening. If I may ask,...where can I find out how much a pair of the ergonomic grips are worth, and where to purchase them..