Tokarev TT-33 Pistol
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Tokarev TT-33 Pistol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2008, 03:09 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default Tokarev TT-33 Pistol

Has anybody had any experience with the Tokarev TT-33 pistols in the 7.62mm x 25mm caliber?

Looking at the design of the pistol, it seems pretty simple and straightforward.

It seems like it may be an interesting gun to shoot and own. I do know that they can be purchased for pretty cheap (almost as cheap as the Makarov pistols). I am not sure about the availability of the ammo, though.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-24-2008, 04:26 AM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Next on my C&R list. Spam cans of ammo are readily available for now, cheap, and the rounds more often than not are magnetic, indicating either a steel core or steel jacket. It is, however, corrosive. Wolf makes new manufacture.

Another less expensive alternative for you might be the CZ-52, same caliber, about $120. Great gun.

Old 12-24-2008, 07:08 PM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Classic Arms has them for $220 and ammo too. I've been thinking about one, but might have to get a nine before the next handgun bans....

9x18=Makarov

Old 12-24-2008, 09:13 PM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Sounds good. Thanks for the info.

Here's a stupid question. Since I don't have an FFL to order this pistol direct, how much of a markup am I looking at for getting a dealer to order it for me? I don't understand that process too well.

Old 12-24-2008, 10:05 PM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
Has anybody had any experience with the Tokarev TT-33 pistols in the 7.62mm x 25mm caliber?

Looking at the design of the pistol, it seems pretty simple and straightforward.

It seems like it may be an interesting gun to shoot and own. I do know that they can be purchased for pretty cheap (almost as cheap as the Makarov pistols). I am not sure about the availability of the ammo, though.
YES! I have a TT-33 Tokarev... for over 25 years now. Ammo is readilly available and it's CHEAP!!! I get ammo for .10 a round at J&G Gun Sales. Even my local gus shops carry ammo, although it's more expensive.

7.62x25 is very POTENT, you'll be shocked to see what it'll do. I have NEVER had a FTF, FTE, or a stovepipe with this pistol. The muzzle blast & shock wave is INCREDABLE...

Here is a photo of my 7.62x25 TOK...

Last edited by Mark F; 12-24-2008 at 10:07 PM.

Old 12-24-2008, 10:08 PM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Sounds good. Thanks for the info.

Here's a stupid question. Since I don't have an FFL to order this pistol direct, how much of a markup am I looking at for getting a dealer to order it for me? I don't understand that process too well.

Typical FFL transfer is $25.00

Old 12-24-2008, 10:16 PM   #7
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I like to think of my Tokarev as an "expendable" hi-powered carry. Those 7.62x25's will core clear through a car or truck and not slow down. They are "roughly" the power of a .357 magnum. Tokarev's also easily convert to full auto... if one desires. Mine is NOT full auto.

Old 12-24-2008, 10:19 PM   #8
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:

BTW. Thank JOHN BROWNING for this weapon...

Old 12-24-2008, 11:51 PM   #9

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I could tell that the 1911 was the inspiration for this pistol. There are way too many things that are alike between the two.

I'll have to get over to a dealer I know and ask him if he can track one down for me. I would have to get alot of rounds ordered initally because no one carries the 7.62 x 25mm around here.

EDIT: I have to correct myself. The main inspiration must be Browning's model 1903 pistol. Put those two next to each other and it's like they are twins.

Last edited by SGT-MILLER; 12-25-2008 at 01:22 AM.

Old 12-25-2008, 02:06 AM   #10
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
I could tell that the 1911 was the inspiration for this pistol. There are way too many things that are alike between the two.

I'll have to get over to a dealer I know and ask him if he can track one down for me. I would have to get alot of rounds ordered initally because no one carries the 7.62 x 25mm around here.

EDIT: I have to correct myself. The main inspiration must be Browning's model 1903 pistol. Put those two next to each other and it's like they are twins.
When Browning couldn't sell the US Armed Forces on this design & caliber, he went to Russia with it and he sold the design rights to Tokarev. Like they say, the rest is history...

John Browning was an incredably savvy business man as well as the ultimate gun architect of all time.