Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Time For A New Military Sidearm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2011, 02:39 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
As I posted in another thread - ain't gonna happen anytime soon. Also, being made in Croatia will probably doom the XD at the gate. (Assuming they are still made there)...
I would have agreed with this if it weren't for the M9. When every branch of the military uses a pistol made in another country I have an issue as I do with the M9. The US government doesn't care about the US anymore so Croatia or not it's got a shot.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 02-16-2011, 04:00 AM   #12

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Id pick the FNP45. 45acp, 15+1 cap, ambi slide stop/release, ambi mag release, ambi safety/decocker, can be carried cocked and locked. And for the socom high speed low drag guys, they can get the tactical model. Threaded barrel, and a removable plate to add red dot sights.

A Belgian company, but made in the US.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 02-16-2011, 04:19 AM   #13

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
I would have agreed with this if it weren't for the M9. When every branch of the military uses a pistol made in another country I have an issue as I do with the M9. The US government doesn't care about the US anymore so Croatia or not it's got a shot.
M9's are made in the USA.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 02-16-2011, 04:20 AM   #14

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan0626 View Post
Id pick the FNP45. 45acp, 15+1 cap, ambi slide stop/release, ambi mag release, ambi safety/decocker, can be carried cocked and locked. And for the socom high speed low drag guys, they can get the tactical model. Threaded barrel, and a removable plate to add red dot sights.

A Belgian company, but made in the US.
I agree. FN has a pretty solid lock on US Military weapons, and the FNP is an excellent pistol.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 02-16-2011, 04:21 AM   #15

Liked 172 Times on 98 Posts
Likes Given: 376

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post

Beretta has a factory in the U.S. that makes the m-9 for the military. Every m9 I used while in was made in the U.S. Civillians can buy either an italian or an american model. I think the factory is in maryland.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 02-16-2011, 11:36 AM   #16

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 30

I only own two .45's, a Springfield XD Tactical & 1911R1. That being said I can't speak for other manufacturers, but if the SHTF I'd go with the 'Springer' for mag capacity, wide choice of bullet styles, ease of cleaning (YMMV)
I like my 1911, don't get me wrong. It's a fine handgun.