thoughts on the PPK? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

thoughts on the PPK?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2008, 09:51 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Sig makes the P232 which is a really nice PPK knock off. For that price though, you could buy a used, authentic Walther. Beware of cheap knock offs though, as the quality of most of them make them good only as paper weights.

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 09-27-2008, 12:33 AM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

A friend of mine that I used to go shooting with owned a PPK, and it was pretty picky about what ammo you put in it. I personally saw it malfunction repeatedly one time, even though he was using new namebrand factory ammo.

In the PPK's defense though, a number of handguns in that size range tend to do the same thing. Just experiment with different brands and loads, until you find the right ammo for it.

The "fit and finish" of the PPK's are excellent, but they're still somewhat overpriced.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:43 PM   #13

My opinion: POS. Mine (a PPK/S) locked up after 75 rounds and it took 3 weeks to talk to a person in "customer service". Poor pistol, worse after sale service (S&W now) makes for a bad combination -- especially if you plan to trust your life with it.

Old 09-28-2008, 04:20 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8dirt View Post
My opinion: POS. Mine (a PPK/S) locked up after 75 rounds and it took 3 weeks to talk to a person in "customer service". Poor pistol, worse after sale service (S&W now) makes for a bad combination -- especially if you plan to trust your life with it.
We're not discussing the "S", that's a different gun from the PPK. The "S" has the full metal backstrap grip frame and holds a slightly larger magazine. I've heard MANY complaints about the "S" over the last 20 years. My dad bought one NIB back in the 80's. We went to the range with a few different boxes of ammo and couldn't get through a full magazine without a problem. He dumped it and got a PPK, which still works perfectly to this day.