Thinking about adding a handgun........... - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Thinking about adding a handgun...........

View Poll Results: Small, concealable .357 magnum handgun
Ruger LCP 2 16.67%
Ruger LCR 6 50.00%
Other...... 4 33.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2011, 01:22 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
The CM9 is a pretty sweet little looking gun , Im guessing its 1/2" shorter in height because of the 6+1 and the LC9 being a 7+1 ? or is there different options ?
Wish the LC9 would have come in stainless look myself , I have big hands so I do appreciate the extended finger grip on the bottom of the magazine thats included on the LC9
I dont think you could go wrong with either of them . I got a hell of a deal for $319 on my LC9 just wish Ruger would include 2 magazines because its hell trying to get a spare and last I knew ruger was out also as the shop ordered some and they were still on back order
I have contacted numerous places that says there instock only to find out there also out
I would say you're probably in the ballpark. You can get magazines with extensions on them for the CM9. One day I would love to get my hands on the LC9, but it probably would not replace my CM9, because I find that the LC9 is just a little bit too big for a pocket firearm. I know that as of right now the gunshop I work at is out of stock of the LCP and LC9, because as soon as we get them in stock they sell out within a week or two. Probably, because the only other place that sells firearms in my neck of the woods is Gander Mountain, which has a mark up of atleast fifty dollars or more on all their firearms .

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 11-13-2011, 12:05 PM   #32
The Balota's
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 10329 Times on 6169 Posts
Likes Given: 15026

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
And BTW- The SP101 is not only offered in multiple barrel lengths, but it's available with an internal hammer:

Thinking about adding a handgun........... - General Handgun Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
Ruger has already solved that for you.

Ruger® SP101® Double-Action Revolver Model 5720
Thank you both for pointing that out. I will take a closer look at this gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
I have an SP101 in 357. The factory grips are not great. I replaced mine with the Crimson Trace LG111 laser grips. I dont have much trouble controlling it with 125 grn mags. 158 grn mags are more of a handful but still controllable. I also had the trigger worked over. It is a DAO and on my belt right now.
Okay,here's a question for you. What does DAO mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
There is a "sticky holster" that allows for pocket carry of virtually any handgun that will fit in a pocket.. The outside of the holster is a very "tacky" material that will NOT allow the holster to shift position, yet the inside material allows for easy removal of the handgun. I've carried IWB with one without a belt, and my 1911 rode solidly, all day without moving. Sticky Holsters - Redefining Concealment
I find that 'sticky holster' very interesting. I will look into those if the time ever comes that I can CC.

Old 11-13-2011, 12:28 PM   #33
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2481 Times on 1330 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

DAO means double action only. Since there is no exposed hammer, you can't cock it for single action fire.

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 11-13-2011, 12:30 PM   #34

Liked 1431 Times on 813 Posts
Likes Given: 628

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

DAO = Double Action Only.

Single Action = shooter must cock the hammer to fire the weapon, such as Ruger Single Six.

Double Action pistols give the shooter the option of cocking the hammer before squeezing the trigger or just pulling the trigger to cock & fire.

A DAO require the trigger to be pulled to cock and fire because the hammer is internal.

Old 11-13-2011, 03:16 PM   #35
The Balota's
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 10329 Times on 6169 Posts
Likes Given: 15026

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
DAO means double action only. Since there is no exposed hammer, you can't cock it for single action fire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn View Post
DAO = Double Action Only.

Single Action = shooter must cock the hammer to fire the weapon, such as Ruger Single Six.

Double Action pistols give the shooter the option of cocking the hammer before squeezing the trigger or just pulling the trigger to cock & fire.

A DAO require the trigger to be pulled to cock and fire because the hammer is internal.

Thank you. It never occurred to me, but it makes perfect sense, that if there is no exposed hammer it cannot be shot single action. I figured it was double action something-or-other but I couldn't figure it out.