Thinking about adding a handgun........... - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Thinking about adding a handgun...........

View Poll Results: Small, concealable .357 magnum handgun
Ruger LCP 2 16.67%
Ruger LCR 6 50.00%
Other...... 4 33.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2011, 12:18 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I like the DAO trigger pull on the LCR .357. It's light and smooth straight out of the box. The trigger design has a "cam" to allow for the light smooth pull. I've shot the LCR .357 and it wasn't bad at all in respect to recoil, in fact I wouldn't mind having 1 myself. I think you need to handle a LCR and go for it if it fits your hand well. If you do get an LCR get the .357 model so you'll at least have the option of shooting .357 if you want to. Also the .357 model weighs slightly more than the .38 model.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 11-12-2011, 01:45 AM   #22

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Once you've rocked 158gr +p in a Smith 340PD you earn more respect for mass in a handgun.

I vote LC9

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 11-12-2011, 07:51 AM   #23

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Chiappa rhino.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 11-12-2011, 08:07 AM   #24
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8150 Times on 4875 Posts
Likes Given: 10512

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
I like the DAO trigger pull on the LCR .357. It's light and smooth straight out of the box. The trigger design has a "cam" to allow for the light smooth pull. I've shot the LCR .357 and it wasn't bad at all in respect to recoil, in fact I wouldn't mind having 1 myself. I think you need to handle a LCR and go for it if it fits your hand well. If you do get an LCR get the .357 model so you'll at least have the option of shooting .357 if you want to. Also the .357 model weighs slightly more than the .38 model.
I have fondled......I mean handled one. And I would get the .357 model just to leave that option open to me.

Let's get matching .357 LCR's. Except mine will be the one with the pink grips. LOL

Old 11-12-2011, 08:10 AM   #25
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan0626 View Post
Chiappa rhino.
I just Googled that and looked at it. There was a warning at the bottom of the description that says a specific grip is needed because of the profile of the gun. I'm not sure I'm experienced enough to handle that gun. It might be a little too small for my liking, too. Very interesting suggestion, though. It seems to be a very unique gun. Thanks for the input.

Old 11-12-2011, 08:13 AM   #26
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
Once you've rocked 158gr +p in a Smith 340PD you earn more respect for mass in a handgun.

I vote LC9
At first I Googled SW34D and got a bunch of brazierre's in 34D. LOL

Anyway, nice little gun, really. Price is a bit higher than the LCR. Is it a better gun, really?

Old 11-12-2011, 11:18 AM   #27
Jay

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 1

With handguns, there's an inverse relationship between size/weight, and recoil. The smaller the gun, the more perceived recoil you get to deal with. There are plusses and minuses to every mode of carry. There are CCW purses that have dedicated holsters/partitions for handguns. You can keep your hand on the gun without causing a stir around you, and you can shoot thru the purse without having to "draw" if need be. A "snatcher" can slice the strap on a fanny pack, just as fast as he can cut a purse strap. When ladies carry concealed, the mindset and situational awareness are more important than the method. There is a "sticky holster" that allows for pocket carry of virtually any handgun that will fit in a pocket.. The outside of the holster is a very "tacky" material that will NOT allow the holster to shift position, yet the inside material allows for easy removal of the handgun. I've carried IWB with one without a belt, and my 1911 rode solidly, all day without moving. Sticky Holsters - Redefining Concealment

Get the gun that fits your hands... NOT a firearm that someone else picks for you. If at all possible, shoot one that you're considering before you buy it. Someone close to you likely has what you're looking at/for. Leave word at your local gun shop that you'd like to shoot a given handgun, and you may be pleasantly surprised.

NRA Life Member ... Marine Corps League Life Member
Freedom has a flavor the protected can never taste...
USMC 8652, 2531, RVN Jun '67, - May 69

Some of my toys

Last edited by Jay; 11-12-2011 at 11:20 AM.

Old 11-12-2011, 02:01 PM   #28

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'm gonna throw in the Kahr CM9 as a suggestion. It has a double action trigger pull very similar to a revolver, it's very concealable, and it's very pleasant to shoot. The two advantages it has over the LC9 is it's a tad smaller so it's more concealable and it has three magazine options a 6, 7, and 8 round magazines. Both my wife and I carry one in our pocket year around.

"It's a gun you loaded on Sunday, and shot all week."
-Confederate Soldier

"If God didn't create man equal then Sam Colt had made them equal."
-Unknown

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
-Wyatt Earp

Old 11-13-2011, 01:23 AM   #29

Liked 1147 Times on 743 Posts
Likes Given: 2031

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firearms4ever View Post
I'm gonna throw in the Kahr CM9 as a suggestion. It has a double action trigger pull very similar to a revolver, it's very concealable, and it's very pleasant to shoot. The two advantages it has over the LC9 is it's a tad smaller so it's more concealable and it has three magazine options a 6, 7, and 8 round magazines. Both my wife and I carry one in our pocket year around.
The CM9 is a pretty sweet little looking gun , Im guessing its 1/2" shorter in height because of the 6+1 and the LC9 being a 7+1 ? or is there different options ?
Wish the LC9 would have come in stainless look myself , I have big hands so I do appreciate the extended finger grip on the bottom of the magazine thats included on the LC9
I dont think you could go wrong with either of them . I got a hell of a deal for $319 on my LC9 just wish Ruger would include 2 magazines because its hell trying to get a spare and last I knew ruger was out also as the shop ordered some and they were still on back order
I have contacted numerous places that says there instock only to find out there also out

Old 11-13-2011, 01:51 AM   #30

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
At first I Googled SW34D and got a bunch of brazierre's in 34D. LOL

Anyway, nice little gun, really. Price is a bit higher than the LCR. Is it a better gun, really?
It weighs approximately 11 oz empty and 13ish loaded. Its a comfortable carry piece.

Not a target gun by any means. I liked my s&w m60 better.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?