Are there any upgrades for my sig
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Are there any upgrades for my sig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 05:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Buying a new pistol

just a few shots of the sig in the mini home made studio

i talked to my local gun shop and they were not very much help on buying a holster or grips or any upgrades or accessories that i could buy for my sig...do any of you guys know of any place i can find things for my gun

new grips
better sights
a holster that will fit with the light

i have searched websites that you guys mentioned but like i said i am a newbie so i really dont know what i am looking for specifically

can any one help

Last edited by Jusselin; 10-17-2009 at 02:16 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-16-2009, 08:43 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Your pistol grip is part of your frame bro - I don't believe you can just replace it.

About the best you would be able to do is get a hogue soft grip to put over the top of the plastic, or possibly get one of the laser sight back strap pieces if you are into that sort of thing.

As for upgrades, the first thing I would do is get that trigger tweaked out. I have a Sig and their factory trigger left something to be desired.

As for sights, if those are the factory night sights, I would leave them, they have something like a 10 year warranty. I got mine replaced after about 8 years and it cost me, maybe, $20 in shipping....

You are on your own on a holster. The only one I can think of is by Blackhawk tactical, it's a thigh holster and it has a place on the outside of the holster to clip the light on before you holster the pistol.

JD

Old 10-16-2009, 08:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Your pistol grip is part of your frame bro - I don't believe you can just replace it.

About the best you would be able to do is get a hogue soft grip to put over the top of the plastic, or possibly get one of the laser sight back strap pieces if you are into that sort of thing.

As for upgrades, the first thing I would do is get that trigger tweaked out. I have a Sig and their factory trigger left something to be desired.

As for sights, if those are the factory night sights, I would leave them, they have something like a 10 year warranty. I got mine replaced after about 8 years and it cost me, maybe, $20 in shipping....

You are on your own on a holster. The only one I can think of is by Blackhawk tactical, it's a thigh holster and it has a place on the outside of the holster to clip the light on before you holster the pistol.

JD
word ok cool thanks...its pretty much what they told me lol is that there isnt much to do to upgrade that pistol...i am going to buy a new one soon, pistops have become a fascination of mine but unfortunately i dont know much about them....

what would you guys suggest as a must have pistol....and why?

Old 10-16-2009, 08:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusselin View Post
what would you guys suggest as a must have pistol....and why?
Oh god... here it comes, it's going to be raining 1911 like a mofo pretty soon...

I confess that I have no desire to confess.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:13 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

A picture is worth a thousand words.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-16-2009, 09:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
A picture is worth a thousand words.

i have viewed the 1911's and i am just not a huge fan of how they are shaped or how they feel in my hands...i might get one just to say i have one but right now i am looking at the 44 mag Taurus mat stainless, the one with the 6 inch barrel, personally i think it looks VERY intimidating and i like the way it feels in my hand....does any one have any "DONT BUY THATGUN"'s to throw at me?

Old 10-16-2009, 11:47 PM   #7

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

This would make your Sig unique:

Laser Gun Sight : LaserLyte : Laser Bore Sighter : Sub-Compact Laser : Universal Rail Mount : Quick Detachable Laser : Universal Rifle & Shotgun : Gun Sight Accessories : Universal Lasersight

pb-1.jpg  

Old 10-17-2009, 01:44 AM   #8

HAHA im good mang

Old 10-17-2009, 02:18 PM   #9

ok so i pretty much narrowed this choice down to either the 454 or the 44 mag taurus, wich one is more powerful? which one is better?

Old 10-17-2009, 02:25 PM   #10

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

The 454 has more power when compared to a 44. You have to look at costs of running each revolver. Both rounds are expensive, but I believe the 454 is higher in price and can be harder to find.

Both Taurus revolvers have a decent reputation as far as quality goes and the customer service is decent now.