Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Terrified friend

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 01:38 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Default Terrified friend

okay guys so I have this lady friend who wants to learn about what weapons are start using weapons shooting them etc. she is never shot a firearm before she is absolutely terrified of them Recently she asked to see my firearm so she can get acquainted with how firearms feel and what not so I removed my weapon from my concealed carry position after I informed her I was doing so as soon as she saw the weapon she began to Shake and sweat so I did not even lrt her pick up or touch my firearm I simply read holstered it and told her that we need to figure out a different way for her to learn about firearms before she can actually use a real one so guys she is so terrified of a real gun even fireing a small 22 terrifies her and she wants to carry badly so do I start off with a paintball gun an airsoft gun or not even let her fire a gun and tell her that it is a bad idea for her to get a weapon at all which I would hate to tell her opinions remarks????

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-29-2012, 01:42 AM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2910 Times on 1715 Posts

Tell her to take a basic firearm safety course. She will get educated and exposed under the correct conditions.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 07-29-2012, 01:44 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13
Tell her to take a basic firearm safety course. She will get educated and exposed under the correct conditions.
I mean we got wide open country and it's just me and her I almost think she'd be more scared if she was around people I mean this girl has I like a phobia and I have to break it for her some how she doesn't want to take a course And I'm plenty cable of teaching her the basics.

Old 07-29-2012, 01:45 AM   #4
Resident Lurker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 669 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 1799

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396 View Post
okay guys so I have this lady friend who wants to learn about what weapons are start using weapons shooting them etc. she is never shot a firearm before she is absolutely terrified of them Recently she asked to see my firearm so she can get acquainted with how firearms feel and what not so I removed my weapon from my concealed carry position after I informed her I was doing so as soon as she saw the weapon she began to Shake and sweat so I did not even lrt her pick up or touch my firearm I simply read holstered it and told her that we need to figure out a different way for her to learn about firearms before she can actually use a real one so guys she is so terrified of a real gun even fireing a small 22 terrifies her and she wants to carry badly so do I start off with a paintball gun an airsoft gun or not even let her fire a gun and tell her that it is a bad idea for her to get a weapon at all which I would hate to tell her opinions remarks????
Get an airsoft pistol or bb gun from Walmart, they are anywhere from $10-$30... If she is afraid of this, I'm unsure of a solution.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member - NRA, NAGR

Old 07-29-2012, 01:47 AM   #5

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

First off she needs a man with experience and a gentle touch. Just show her "part" of your weapon. Maybe stand back abit and show her that it wont go "off" unless you want it to. Then when she comfortable with it being exposed and out in the open let her "touch" it. Let her know that all women are scared at first but once she gets to know it its really "friendly"...........

Badshot

This is just to irresitable....

Old 07-29-2012, 01:49 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badshot320
First off she needs a man with experience and a gentle touch. Just show her "part" of your weapon. Maybe stand back abit and show her that it wont go "off" unless you want it to. Then when she comfortable with it being exposed and out in the open let her "touch" it. Let her know that all women are scared at first but once she gets to know it its really "friendly"...........

Badshot

This is just to irresitable....
Lmao good one buddy

Old 07-29-2012, 01:49 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sputnik1988

Get an airsoft pistol or bb gun from Walmart, they are anywhere from $10-$30... If she is afraid of this, I'm unsure of a solution.
Ya that's what I was thinking that's most likely what I'm gonna do

Old 07-29-2012, 01:49 AM   #8
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2910 Times on 1715 Posts

Well then take the time to educate her first. If you just expose her to gunfire it will likely make matters worse and as it stands she has no business handling a firearm. Jumpy + nervous = accidents. Generally speaking people do better in a group setting.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 07-29-2012, 01:54 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2326 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 51

My wife was scared as well. Over time I slowly explained SAFTEY to her. Explained things to her, answered questions etc. before I let her handle one. She got hands on time unloaded of course. Learned how they worked, answered more questions. Eventually worked up to going shooting. I fired her .22 first so she saw the operation etc, knew what noise would become of it. Then went through SAFTEY again and let her shoulder it unloaded, went through the firing procedure unloaded. Let her become comfortable, then let her shoot. Now she wants to learn to shoot pistols and get her CCDW. Just time my friend.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 07-29-2012, 02:12 AM   #10

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Im just to childish for this topic. No matter how serious you try to be it just sounds dirty now. Im sorry if I ruined it for anyone trying to be serious and not laugh.....

Badshot

Seriously, be gentle. If and when she decides that she wants to take that step it has to be as stressfree and recoilless as possible. IMO your best bet is to go to the range as much as possible without inviting her, if a woman knows a man is having fun without her sooner or later she will want to be involved. Do it on her terms and leave it at that, first time she out shoots you shes hooked *hint*.